Chapter 4

*Melody Pov*

"Princess! Are you listening?" I heard the faint words which successfully brought me out of my thoughts.

"Use my name while calling me when we are atleast alone Amy." I replied with a small smile on my face.

"Princ.. Melody! His Highness is asking for you as it is time." She replied hesitantly.

"Already! I can't swallow that these few days have passed in a flash." I murmured slowly.

"Where is Agnes?" I asked her glancing around my chamber.

"She will be here in a second." Amy whispered and I nodded.

"Melody! Are you ready dear?" I heard Agnes voice entering my chamber.

"Agnes!" I said and hugged her while she soothed me patting my back.

"I know dear! I can understand but we don't have anything to stop it right." She said and I nodded stepping back.

"You are such a strong women Melody just like your Mother. You even have the strength to soothe others pain." She said caressing my cheek.

"I don't have any strength Agnes." I said not accepting her words.

"You just have to sing something with your melodious voice Melody. It will soothe any pain of anyone's." She said smiling proudly at me.

"And you are doing all this just for your people and that is very great Princ... Melody." Amy said making me chuckle.

"Shall we leave? Everyone must be waiting to see our beautiful princess." Agnes said and we all started to leave.

But Amy abruptly asked "She is going to be our Queen too right?"

"True! But until she is presented infront of the people of Hulind kingdom she will be Queen only for us." Agnes cleared away Amy's confusion.

We walked outside my chamber and to the vicinity where a stage is placed to conduct the nuptials.

"You both stay here. I will go and see when you need to be presented infront of the people for the nuptial." Agnes said and left Amy and me behind the stage.

Few minutes later we both heard a new voice asking "Are you sure about this?"

We both turned to see Prince Kendrick standing behind us. Amy was the first one to compose herself and backed away until she is behind me and glanced at the floor.

"Shall I give privacy Melo.. Princess?" Amy asked and I wish I could chuckle out loud.

As for the first time she was about to utter my name itself but couldn't do it as we are under the sight of a Prince.

"It's ok Amy. We shouldn't meet alone just before the nuptials." I replied smiling at her.

"What do you want to know Prince Kendrick?" I asked him not looking at him.

"Are you sure about this wedlock Princess Melody?" He asked not walking towards me which he shouldn't as he should be at a distance.

"Isn't it too late to know my views about my wedding Prince Kendrick?" I asked before I could stop myself and I can hear Amy's gasp.

"I know Princess. It was not the good thing to do without your consent but everything moved swiftly that I couldn't get your consent for this. It is not too late to back away." He replied in gentle tone ignoring my rude question.

And for the first time I glanced up and looked directly into his eyes. In them I can read nothing but sincerity.

Maybe he is good for my kingdom along with me. Maybe this is destiny. Just maybe...