Chapter 17

*Melody Pov*

"Melody, Melody!" I heard Amy's voice along with knocks on the door.

I immediately walked towards it and opened it to see Amy smiling at me. I sighed in relief because I thought someone was causing harm to her.

"I know you must be tired but we can't miss our morning walk. The morning fresh air will be good for the child." She said taking out my dress.

"Amy! I don't think we should go out there alone." I said looking at her.

"I know what you are thinking about. Do not worry there is a small garden connecting the Palace and Maid's quarters." She said smiling and I smiled a little.

After wearing a proper dress, we both walked out of the Palace by the way Amy was sent to quarters yesterday.

We started walking then I felt someone's presence and I immediately remembered lot number of swords coming towards my way.

"Amy! There is someone near us." I said looking around.

"Who is there?" I shouted in fear.

"Fear not Queen. It's me." I heard a small voice and saw a boy walking towards me folding his hands backwards.

"Did you just called me Queen?" I asked him in whisper.

"Yes! Juan said you are our Queen." He replied still looking down.

"Who sent you?" Amy asked.

"Juan asked me to protect our Queen in the absence of him." He replied.

"What is your name?" I asked him calmly.

"It's Shan!" he replied smiling and looked up.

"Tell me about your parents while walking with us." I said and he eagerly nodded walking with us.

"How old are you?" I asked him smiling.

"I am fifteen." He replied and I smiled a little at him.

"How brilliant of him? Sending a fifteen year old for your protection." Amy said frowning.

"No! I asked him to train me as I want to be like him to this Kingdom after the training." Shan said proudly.

"I am sure you will but always do what your heart says but not your mind." I said smiling and he nodded understanding.

We three continued to talk and then Amy and I returned to my room after the walk. While Shan left to go to his home.

"He is a cute kid." I said remembering him while I started having another bath.

"He is! Until that man's name come out of his mouth." Amy said.

"Amy! It is not his fault." I said trying to reason her.

"But I trusted him. If he had returned the very next day or atleast after a week tending to his wounds then that day wouldn't have entered into your life." She said with tears forming in her eyes.

"Don't Amy! Don't talk about that day. No one should know about it in this kingdom even the Prince." I said with hard expression.

"But if you tell him then they will get more punishment." She said trying to reason with me.

"No! I am safe and breathing right." I said shaking my head.

"But is your mental state safe? That day is still haunting your mind isn't it?" She asked slowly.

"I want to forget about that day Amy." I replied and closed my eyes.

After wearing another proper gown which will be suitable for today's occasion, we both sat on the chairs present in my room.