Chapter 14

*Juan Pov*

"It's been two weeks from the time I have given you the task. What have you been doing all this time?" I asked him trying my best to not lose the little sanity I have left.

"I tried everything I can Sir. But many guards are blocking me each time." Shan replied looking down.

It's already been a month and I have not done anything. Not even a single thing to make sure Kendrick knows everything.

I am relieved at least a little that there was no war being thrown yet. But I am sure that Connor will do everything to change that and have his way.

"Shan! If you do not take my message near our Prince today then I will back away from my word." I threatened him.

"No, no Sir. I will do it by today and will not fail in this." He immediately uttered going pale.

"Good! Now go and do it." I ordered him.

"Juan is in Prison because of Connor. Juan is in Prison because of Connor." He started repeating it walking away.

"You Dimwit! Why are you saying it out loud?" I shouted at him.

"So that I cannot forget it Sir. Because of which I am still remembering it." He replied smiling proudly.

"Now I understand why the guards are stopping you." I mumbled to myself.

"No matter what happens that message must be come out of your mouth only infront of our Prince. Otherwise you will lose badly." I said forcing each word and he nodded understanding god knows what.

"Now go!" I said rubbing forehead.

"Yes sir!" he said and left the Prison.

God please show some mercy atleast on Melody.......

*Kendrick Pov*

"For how many days will you sit here idle, Kendrick?" Bess asked placing the new herb paste on my Father's wounds.

"Until he wakes up!" I replied curtly.

After applying when she was about to leave I felt his fingers move and I immediately got up looking at Bess nodding at her.

"I will go and give this good news to everyone. My Father will be ecstatic when he hears this." She said was about to step out of the room.

"No! Don't leave this room." I shouted at her.

"What?" She asked me confused.

"I mean leave this room only to call my Mother here but do not tell her what is happening actually. And do not give even slightest notice or anything to make others get even a little suspicion." I replied.

"But why?" She asked me even more confused.

"These are my orders. And I want you to fulfill them properly." I replied like any King would and she immediately nodded.

"If these are not followed then there will be punishment." I added to which she looked shocked because I am her friend and here I am threatening her.

I held my Father's hand and whispered "Wake up Father! It's been so long and many lives depend on you."

My Mother returned with confused look coving her face along with Bess. I gestured Bess to close the door of her medicinal room and lock it.

"What is happening, Kendrick?" My Mother asked worriedly.

"Ask him to wake up Mother." I replied showing her his moving fingers.

In a flash she stood beside him and asked him to wake up holding his other hand. Then few minutes later he slowly opened his eyes.