Chapter 8

*Melody Pov*

When we are fully near to the palace few guards abruptly stopped us from moving forward.

Amy and I looked at them in confusion along with my Father and guards. We all got down from the chariot and horses and walked forward.

A man walked outside the palace and stood there not stepping down from the few steps present which we need to get on to enter the palace.

"You all are not allowed anywhere near the palace. I got orders that you all to be sent back." His voice boomed and all the people of the kingdom surrounded us.

"We are here to meet King Ronald and Prince Kendrick." My father said with confusion but still stated his demand.

"Feel lucky to be leaving alive from here." That's all that man said.

"Connor! We need to talk to the King and Prince." My father said and then I realized that he is Kendrick's Uncle.

"Let me talk to them Connor." I heard some woman saying and we saw her coming towards us standing beside Connor.

"I am Queen Fay of this Kingdom. State what you want to." She said looking at us.

My Father controlled his temper and said "I am here to meet King and the Prince."

"Why?" She asked looking directly at him.

"I don't need a reason to meet my Son-In-Law." My Father replied fisting his hands.

"Son-In-Law? Then your daughter must be my Daughter-In-Law. Let me have a quick look at her." She said and then her gaze fell on mine.

I couldn't help but feel that her words are nothing but mocking towards us. But I stood my ground hoping Kendrick will come out and save us from this scrutiny.

"You all have the nerve to even enter these grounds after everything you did. It wouldn't take a minimal second to take away your lives but as per orders you all are need to be sent back." She said looking at me and my Father.

"Queen Fay! Can you please call Kendrick?" I asked her not able to stop myself.

"How dare you to call our Prince by his name? Leave these grounds right now." I heard Connor shouting.

"I don't know what is happening here Queen Fay but please call my husband." I said ignoring his words.

"Did you hear her Sister? She is addressing our Prince as her husband. Then what about his Future wife Bess?" Connor asked mocking making me gasp.

Future wife? But he is already wedded to me then how can he marry another person.

"What is going on here?" I heard my husband's voice bringing me out of my dreading.

"Kendrick! What is happening here?" I immediately asked him with joy finally seeing him and worry hearing all these.

"Uncle Connor! Didn't I ask you to send them back immediately?" He asked his Uncle not even looking at me.

"Why do we need to waste the chance Prince? We can finish them off." One of the people from the crowd around us said.

Few more supported the thought and started throwing different words at us. I shivered seeing how the people of the land which I thought to be my future and forever home want nothing but my life.

"Enough!" Kendrick's voice boomed around the area.

I looked at him expectantly thinking he will say everyone that I am their Future Queen and they shouldn't say such things.

But he is not even glancing at me. He looked at his Uncle nodding and started going inside.

"Kendrick! Atleast call King Ronald. I am sure he will help me." I said before he walked inside.