Chapter 25

*Melody Pov*

"Melody! Your Father is going to be here." Hearing those words I stopped my smile which didn't left my face from the time I have seen my Son.

I held him closely to me and glanced at Amy asking "Why?"

"To meet your Son. The message was immediately sent to Velimar when the Prince was born." She replied gesturing to my Son who is nearly one week sleeping in my arms.

"No! I do not want him to meet anyone." I said shaking my head.

"We have no say in that. And even the King's parents didn't meet the new Prince as you were tired this one whole week with weakness." Amy said.

"Tell them that I am tired and retiring to bed." Saying those words I laid down holding my son in my arms.

"I will inform them." Mumbling Amy left my room.

I sighed and caressed my son's scalp smiling at his sleeping form. Then I heard the door open and glanced up to see that it is Kendrick.

"Are you not feeling well?" He asked frowning.

"Why?" I asked him.

"Amy said....." he couldn't finish his sentence as we heard a little commotion outside the room.

I sat properly and the Kendrick opened the door a little. Then he had to open the door wider and I stared at him in confusion.

"Ah.. there is our heir." I heard the words coming out my Father's mouth and he entered along with Kendrick's parents.

I held my Son even more close to me not at all liking the idea of handing him over to them. I glanced at Kendrick and he was just staring at me with a frown on his face.

I moved little more back from them and pressed myself to the head board. They glanced at me in confusion but forwarded their hands asking for the new Prince.

I shook my head and held even more protectively. Then I felt hands on my shoulders whispering "Hand him to them Melody. They want to hold their grandson."

I glanced at Kendrick wanting to utter that he is wrong. They are here to meet the heir and not the grandson.

He slowly took our son from my hands and I couldn't stop him because he has every right to hold him. Then he gave him to them who are more than eager to hold our son.

I fisted my hands holding the bed cloth wanting nothing but to take him back but they all are smiling holding him and playing with him.

After sometime they gave him back and I immediately took him into my arms. Advising me to take care of myself they all left the room.

I sighed in relief and smiled at the little bundle that is quite awake now and looking at me opening his mouth.

"What happened to you?" Kendrick asked still frowning.

"I was.. I was scared." I replied honestly.

"Why? They are our parents and if you fear regarding Albert then he will never harm our son." Kendrick assured.

"They look at him as he is heir and nothing else. I don't want him to be only an heir. I want him to be our son and then a normal person." I said not glancing at him.

"He will be everything you want." He said smiling.

"Promise?" I asked him frowning.

"Promise!" he replied and I laid my head on his shoulder.

"When he is able to travel, we will be moving to our new palace." He said making me glance at him in shock.

"What new palace?" I asked him frowning.

"I wanted to surprise you with the news." He replied and then explained to me how a new palace has been built for the two of us.

"Amy and Juan will be the god parents." I mumbled after sometime.

"They will be ecstatic." He said liking the idea.

"That's the plan." I whispered and lay down on his shoulder to sleep still holding our son.

After few days I walked inside the dining area for the breakfast and everyone glanced at me with complete confusion.

"What are you doing here?" Kendrick asked whispering as I sat beside him.

"To have my morning food." I replied smiling.

"Where is he?" He asked glancing around.

"I asked Amy to keep an eye on him until I finish my food." I replied and started having the food and asked everyone to continue.

Then Fay walked towards me and asked me to come with her to her room. I went inside to see her holding a basket neatly covered with soft cloths that the basket looked like it was made by the cloth itself.

"I know it may be hard for you to leave him inside the room and walk outside. So use this which I have specially got made for you." She said smiling.

I smiled and took it thanking her for her generous thinking. Now I do not even have the problem to leave him there.

Then I walked inside the library to have a small chat with Ronald. The whole day I was walking around talking to everyone I found and getting to know what generally happen everyday.

In the evening I walked inside Kendrick's chamber holding our son and laid beside him like Kendrick asked me to.

"What happened to you today?" Kendrick asked as I patted our son to sleep.

"What do you mean?" I asked him frowning.

"You didn't leave your room until it was necessary but today you were barely in your room." He replied.

"Before I hesitated because I was not terrified for my life but to his. Now I can protect him if anything happens and you are also here to protect him." I uttered smiling and closed my eyes.

"I will also protect you." I heard him mumbling before we both slid off into sleep with a smile evident on my face.

For few days the same procedure followed but I never tried to have a chat with Bess because I still feel jealous around her which I know I shouldn't.

She is his friend and he even likes her and was ready to marry her. But he had to marry me just for the Kingdom.

I sighed shaking away my thoughts. Until he is faithful to me I have no right to even question him for not liking me.

"Melody! There will be a ball thrown tomorrow evening for the celebration of our new Prince." Kendrick said smiling holding our month son in his arms.

"I will see to the arrangements." I said smiling and started walking away but he held my arm.

I glanced at him confused, but he bended down planting a kiss on my lips making me hold him for support.

"Later! Now our Prince will be taken away by Amy and we will have our own time." He said making me look down shyly.

As he said Amy whisked away our Son but not before winking at me and I threw a glare at her.

"I missed you so much." He said glancing at me.

"But I was here with you all the time." I said innocently even after I understood his meaning.

He stared at me in shock and I smiled at him. He narrowed his eyes understanding my act and pulled me towards his bed.

Before drifting off into sleep the words were on my tip of the tongue which would have expressed my love for him but I stopped before that could even happen.

I don't want to express them knowing fully that he may not even have that fondness for me...

--------------------------

Got lot of problem while updating today.. wattpad is making me run in circles...

So how is the chap guys? Melody got over the insecurities and fears she had until now except one. Which was there in the begining before even she met him so that may be over come in next update...

Comment plz and vote......................