ᴀᴄᴛ ᴏɴᴇ: ꜱᴄᴇɴᴇ ᴛᴇɴ

ᴀᴄᴛ ᴏɴᴇ: ꜱᴄᴇɴᴇ ᴛᴇɴ

"How do people like that live with themselves?" Nini asked as I took a sip of my tea. Yes, of course it was tea, I'm British. "How do they sleep at night?"

"Like a shark." Kourtney tells my sister. "Eyes wide open. He's always looking for his next victim." I give the girl a look, telling her how little her comments were helping.

"We've been dating for, like, two months. And I don't even know this person." Nini said.

"It's called a blind spot." I tell her. "Trust me, just you wait a boy tries to ask me to homecoming." I say, trying to not think about it too much.

"Everybody has got 'em." Kourtney said, agreeing with me. "Why do you think I flunked my driver's test?"

"Didn't you back into another car?" I asked, eyebrows furrowed.

"If he's willing to do that to somebody, how long before he tries to poison me?" Nini asked. I gave Kourtney a worried look, and before I could even comment on what my sister had said, she was shouting across the coffee shop. "Hey! Yes, excuse me." I looked over at a couple, rather close together." Over here. Yeah, I know you don't know me, very well. But guess what? You probably know him even less." The girl gave a cautious look at her boyfriend, and I turned back over at Nini.

"Have you eaten today?" Kourtney asked.

"I am in fine agreement of that question." I state, still confused. Kourtney's phone suddenly buzzed, alerting all three of us that one of us had a notification.

"Is that him? Is that EJ?" Nini started asking. "Did he text you because neither of us are answering?"

"Okay, for the record, I never had his number." I say to her.

"This fool is working my last nerve." Kourtney tells the two of us.

"Um, just tell him I went out.... shopping for a lie detector." She said, making me send her a look in return. One day, she's in love, the next she wants to burn his room until there was nothing left.

"It's not EJ. It's Tonya Freeman." Kourt said. The name was familiar to say the least.

"Who's that?" Nini asked.

"This senior on costume crew. She made herself head designer-" Kourtney began.

"She vetoed every single one of your ideas." I murmured, taking another sip of my tea.

"Treats me like a child." Kourtney added.

"Did you tell Miss Jenn?" Nini asked, sitting up a little.

"I don't need Miss Jenn to fight my battles." Kourtney said to my sister. "If Tonya wants to trash my turtleneck I'll T-bone her track pants." She said.

Nini chuckled. "Who's wearing track pants?"

"If it were up to Tonya, probably everybody." I murmured again, having a nodding Kourtney in agreement.

"You want me to say something?" Nini asked her.

Kourt shook her head. "You can't keep a senior from acting like a senior. This 'tude comes with the territory. I'll just shut my mouth and focus on make-up crew."

It was now Kourtney's turn to get a look from me and Nini. "No, don't do that. You need to fight. You need to demand respect." My sister said, she was right, too. "You need to call him out-"

I looked over at her, this time. "Tonya is a her..." Kourtney tells my sister. "And I'm going to get you some food." She told her, then getting up. Nini glanced over at the couple again and went to say something when I stopped her.