ᴀᴄᴛ ᴛᴡᴏ: ꜱᴄᴇɴᴇ ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴᴛᴇᴇɴ

"Hi." Miss Jenn began as the group of us stood in a circle. "Thank you all for coming to rehearsal in the morning. I know it's a crazy day with the career fair and all, but given all your behaviour last week, I believe we are lucky to be rehearsing at all."

"For future reference," The teacher continued. "singing and dancing good. Breaking and entering, bad."

"Miss Jenn, we didn't break anything-" Seb began with her.

"Would you like me to be the first?" The teacher challenged the boy.

"I'm good..."

"Okay," Carlos began. "I'm just going to say it. Zack Roy stole our Beast mask. Why are you not freaking out?"

The teacher's eyes went wide. "Because winners don't freak out, Carlos. They rise. When they go low, we sing high." The teacher suddenly sang out a loud high note, and my eyes went wide as she did so. Loud.

Today's gonna be a long day.

I can feel it.

⊱⊰

"Okay, let's rehearse." She then turned to look at EJ with tips, immediately. "EJ, remember where you are emotionally. Belle has just rebuked your marriage proposal. And LeFou is rallying the guys to boost you back up." She said, gesturing over at Big Red. "Let's hit it."

Gina turned to EJ straight away, telling him last minute tips. "Don't forget to start on your left foot at the top of the chorus."

The boy smiled in return. "Thank you, anything else?"

"Don't fall over, duh." I murmured, getting a laugh in reply as I walked away.

"You guys have the best tips, you know that, right?" He and Gina both chuckled before she came and sat down beside me.

"Go get 'em, Biggie." Ashlyn shouted.

"Thanks! All good!" He said, and then I remembered hearing through Gina what had happened during the Mob Song. Oh.

"I wasn't saying you weren't." She replied. "Just know that I am loyally rooting for you, okay?" I glanced over at Ash as she said it.

"Oui Oui." He shrugged and I then looked over at Gina, of who had a just as worried face.

At least she's trying... that's good, right?

As we all applauded EJ, Big Red and the dancers, Carlos and Gina gave them notes, before the devil himself, Mr Mazzara, appeared.

"I've got no notes!" Gina told EJ before the teacher spoke up.

"And as much as I hate to break that connection," He began. "I am afraid I am the bearer of some hard news. We just got a call from the disciplinary board of an organization.... I'm not sure really exists-" He checked a piece of paper and read it again. "Effective immediately, this production will shut down rehearsal for one week as punishment for trespassing by order of the..." As the rest began to panic over the news, he tried to pronounce it. "Monkeys..."

"It's pronounced Menkies..." Miss Jenn murmured.

"Oh..." Sir muttered. "For the record, your competition has been punished as well. North High is benched for the week."

"Okay- feels generous." Ashlyn says.

"Miss Jenn, what are we gonna do?" Carlos asks her. "We can't lose a whole week when we haven't even started blocking the second act yet."