ᴀᴄᴛ ᴏɴᴇ: ꜱᴄᴇɴᴇ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ

"Good news." I murmur to Big Red, and he looked over at me, a little lost in thought.

"Dude, there's no good news here. The only good news I can think of is that I now understand some of this." The boy told me, and I rolled my eyes. If good news was a person, it was Gina, right now.

"Fine, then. Don't believe me. Watch and see, instead." I muttered, holding back smirking too much. Stick to the Status Quo began, and Big Red was suddenly real quiet about how right I was. "Told you so."

The sudden applause as Gina finished her part of the dance showed how great she was, truly.

"EVERYBODY QUIET." Icon. STILL AN ICON.

⊱⊰

The applause after Stick to the Status Quo was loud. We'd outdone ourselves, already. But we still had the second act to go, and really, everything was going smooth. If we kept it up, it was all going to be just fine.

"You were pretty great out there." I tell Seb as they all walked back into the room for costume change.

"Did you see Gina? I was her shadow." The boy insisted and I rolled my eyes. I did need to speak to Gina, and now was the only suitable time I could think of to do so. But, when I did go to look for Gina, she seemed rather busy talking to Ricky.

How do you... do that thing? Where you... act like nothing is wrong? I could do with some of that right now. Or some Taylor Swift. She can help.

"TROY AND BALLERS FIVE MINUTES." Carlos called out. "Ricky, we need you in your harness, pronto." I just sat myself down on the side, not knowing what to do or say, anymore. Big Red said he'd known what he was doing now with Mr Mazzara, so I was just sticking around out back.

Meanwhile, Gina watched Ricky leave the room, and part of me probably wished that it was me she was looking at. But, with a headphone in, I tried to relax myself, with Taylor Swift blasted into my ears.

I can't lie, tonight's been a roller coaster.

With my eyes closed, I found myself laid across the bench in the rehearsal room, silent as ever as time passed by. Someone's shoulder bumped against mine, causing me to open my eyes and to jolt upright slightly.

Gina smiled over at me and leaned her head on my shoulder. "What you listening to?" She asked as I found myself slowly relaxing again.

"Uh- Taylor Swift..." I murmured with a smile. Taking out one of the headphones I handed it to the girl, shouting could be heard from the corridor as she placed it in her own ear.

"CASEY?!" It was Nini's voice, causing me to internally groan before scream. I didn't move though, because Taylor Swift's All Too Well was far more important at the moment. Plus, what Gina was currently acting like, but that was just extra.

My sister came hurdling into the rehearsal room, a little unsure of herself, and panicking. "Are you... okay?" As I finished the question, I realised how dumb it sounded. She shook her head. "Do you need your super-cool sister to give you a private pep talk?" I ask, and she nodded quickly. I sighed, getting up. "Okay, then..."

The private place in question was, of course, the girl's bathrooms. Where else could we go? She told me everything, venting to me about Ricky, too.

"Wow... that's... a lot." I muttered, sitting up on the side. The girl nodded. "Nini..." I murmured, trying to get her to look at me. "You know you're like... the most talented person I've ever met, right?" I asked her, and she shook off the compliment.