ᴀᴄᴛ ᴛᴡᴏ: ꜱᴄᴇɴᴇ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴏɴᴇ

"I've got tea." Kourtney spoke to the both of us as I grumbled.

"What? Have you bought another face mask?" I asked, so my sister kicked my leg. "Ow..."

"Spill." Nini told Kourt while I rubbed my shin in pain.

"THAT HURT." I shouted over at her, but she rolled her eyes.

"Another argument?" Kourtney asked and we both nodded in unison. "Okay, anyways, the little weasels over at North High are about to drop a shady video about us. Today, on Insta."

"What? Like a diss video?" My sister asked.

"Uh-huh." She nodded. "Slamming East High."

"Wouldn't be the first time they've really shown how much they love us, though." I muttered. "What does the video say?"

"All I know is Carlos should've posted about 50% fewer four-star resort selfies." Kourt told us both. Oh. "They're calling us lazy and saying we've given up on the competition. Can you believe?"

"Because we're on spring break? That's crazy!" Nini says, and then I realised something.

"Crazier than a dance-off?" The other girl asks.

"Kourtney...." I murmured, narrowing my eyes slightly. "How do you know this? Are you talking to Howie again?" Nini's eyes went wide in shock as I asked it.

"UH-" The girl scoffed. "he is talking to me. I have not yet decided if I'm talking back to him."

"Hey- hold up- this is-" Before Nini can get in a sentence, Kourtney started to mess around.

"Oh! I'm so sorry. I-" She made the noise static made and I rolled my eyes. "Oh, my gosh, we're break- I'm frozen. See, I gotta go. I gotta get back to work-"

⊱⊰

I joined the call and sat next to Nini, but she was too busy looking at Instagram, waiting.

"Who has time to talk when you're busy posting selfies with random guys in a cabana?" I heard Seb ask, my eyes went wide.

"You're still fighting?" I ask, but both were slightly glaring at each other.

Kourtney joined, waving before Miss Jenn spoke up. "WILDCATS, QUIET." The teacher shouted. "I've called you all here for a very serious reason. It seems Zack Roy has yet another trick up his sleeve." Nini grabbed my arm and I groaned.

"I know I have muscle but-" She looked up as I muttered to myself.

"Miss Jenn, they just dropped the video on their Instagram." Nini said to them all and I glanced down at her phone.

"Are you ready?" The teacher asked, letting out a shaky breath.

"Ready, Miss Jenn." My sister told her. What was this a James Bond movie suddenly?

"Kids, Nini is going to share her screen, so we can all watch together." Miss Jenn told them all as Nini connected her phone to the laptop. As the girl next to me did a count down, she then played the video.

"East High...." The video zoomed in on our school's front sign as Lily spoke. "For decades, the students of this institution have had greatness thrust upon them." Photos of our production, and from the original HSM came up on screen, one after the other. "They've had fame. They've had popularity. But do they deserve it?" As the dramatic music played in the background, I gave Nini a conscious look. "No. We say it's time to give another school a shot at the spotlight." Now, an image outside of North High came up and I rolled my eyes. "North High has spent its spring break on an immersion trip, with nothing but theater in their hearts and minds. Meanwhile, East High has been slacking off in style." Images from our Instagrams' came up, a lot of Carlos' selfies. "Almost as if they know they can't win-"

"OKAY OKAY, WE'VE SEEN ENOUGH." Miss Jenn shouted, surprisingly not in tears as Nini stopped the video.

There was a moment of silence as we let it sink in. "Did you just watch what I watched? That was insane." Carlos insisted.

"YEAH, EVERYONE CALM DOWN." Miss Jenn said before her tone did the same. "We just need a plan. If we want to beat them at their own game, we need to play by their rules." There was silence. "But... add a twist, of course. Let's do something subtle, but public. To show them that we're still in this to win it."

"I don't really do subtle." Carlos spoke up.

"But you sure do public." Seb commented, annoyed.

"We're on it, Miss Jenn." Nini told the teacher with a brave nod. Were we?

⊱⊰

The laptop in front of Nini rang on as I laid on my sister's floor after being banned from laying on her bed. Apparently, I had to call Gina back before I could do that.

"Hey, Ash!" I glanced up at the name and at Nini's laptop.

"We are in the middle of a crisis, EJ. Stop it." We saw Ashlyn throw a pillow at EJ as she told him off.

"No, you stop it." He said, like a total child.

I chuckled slightly with my sister as we watched. "EJ found some old stuff we used to play with in the attic and he's turned into a six-year-old." Ashlyn told us as we watched the boy try to balance something on his head.

"Aww- I'm obsessed with both of you." Nini admitted while I watched EJ goon around in the background.

"HI NINI." He said, holding up a doll and in a high-pitched voice. "HI CASEY!" I waved at the doll from where I was. 

Ashlyn angerly blocked the doll with her hand and continued to ignore him. "So, how are we dealing with North High? 'Cause I'm spinning over here." EJ tried to balance it again on his head and I smiled, holding in my giggle.

"You heard Miss Jenn." Nini checked and the girl nodded, confirming. "So, I've been thinking about what we could do, and I thought..."

"Okay, right, a song, obviously." Ashlyn said, finishing her sentence. "Go on."

"Right... uh... but I've been a little tongue-tied today, like... as a writer." Nini told the girl. "And Casey has been NO help." She added, glaring over at me. "So..." She looked back.

"Niniiiiii, are you asking meeeeee......" Ashlyn began and I smiled more.

"I was wondering if maybe you had the bandwidth to collab?" My sister asked as EJ's hand came up to the side on screen, as a sock puppet.

He spoke in a childish voice to Ashlyn as the sock puppet and she glanced over at it before back at us. "Yeah, I think I can find the time." She said, nodding while I laughed a little.

"Thank you." Nini said while chuckling. "Uh- oh, have you heard from Gina? Either of you? Casey is going insane back here and I need to keep her entertained."

"SHUT UP." I shouted at her, but she ignored me.

"See?"