ᴀᴄᴛ ᴛᴡᴏ: ꜱᴄᴇɴᴇ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ꜰᴏᴜʀ

I glanced down at Big Red's floor and then back up at him. "Are you sure you don't live in a hardware store?" I asked him, slightly confused by THAT many power tools.

"Why're you not at Ashlyn's?" He asked, changing the subject as he handed me a toolbox.

I pulled a face as I walked around the basement. "Uh... yeah... I dunno." I told him honestly. "I'm a butch lesbian, Big Red. I work with power tools and hammers, not needles and thread."

Ricky walked down the stairs and stared down at the floor. "What's all this?" He asked, slightly taken aback.

"If I knew..." I murmured under my breath.

"I laid out every tool I own. You never know what you're going to need." The boy said as I placed the toolbox on the floor.

Ricky walked around the room before pointing. "Is this a first-generation iPod charger?" He asked, picking it up.

"Okay, honestly, time is of the essence right now, and I don't need the back talk." I held Big Red back with a hand before looking over at a scared Ricky.

"He gets bossy around the power tools." I explained to him, and he nodded.

"One sec-" He took his phone out, answering a phone call and I grimaced at the voice of who it was. Lily. Moments passed as me and Big Red listened while trying to act busy until my phone went off with a text from Nini.

Nini💜

Nini💜
WHEN WERE YOU GONNA TELL ME GINA CAME OUT TO YOU?
SHE'S BI?!

Me
Nini saying to me that she's sure Gina likes me back:
Also Nini getting shocked she's Bi:

Nini💜
THIS IS A HUGE TURNING POINT, CASEY
ASK HER TO GO ON A DATE RN

Me
ah
one small problem

Nini💜
WHAT?

Me
I'M NOT AT ASHLYNS RIGHT NOW.

"Was that..." I glanced up from my phone after Ricky's own call had ended.

"Super weird?" Ricky offered the end of Big Red sentence. "Yes. Yes it was."

The two other boys walked down into the basement, rather excited. "Wassup?" EJ called, while Carlos glanced around.

"Oh, wow!" The other boy said. "Is this decorative?" I shook my head at him but it was too late.

"Don't start with me, Carlos." Big Red said, pointing the drill in his hands at him.

"Wh-" Big Red walked around to where Ricky stood while I gave Carlos an apologetic look.

"He gets weird around the power tools." Ricky explained to the boy.

EJ continued to glance around the basement before back at the group of us. "Wait, you guys, I just realized, I haven't been down here since we got together to save Miss Jenn." The truth was, most of us hadn't, either so it wasn't a huge surprise.

"Wow..." Ricky murmured. "deja vu, maybe?" I gave him a look before he realized something of his own. "Hey, wait, where's Seb?"

"Don't ask." Carlos said, rolling his eyes slightly beside me.

"You guys," We then all looked over at Big Red as he held up the drill. "what are we making?" He asked, excited as the drill whirled.

"Okay-" Ricky leaned out, taking the drill out of Big Red's hand. "I'm going to take that from you..."

⊱⊰

As the two of them threw pizza crusts over at the box, I rolled my eyes from the floor. "We're thinking of adding an off-menu vegan sausage option." Big Red told us.

"Is that a thing?" Ricky asked.

"It is basically crackers." Big Red told him in return while I typed away at my phone.

Gina💛

Me
Don't suppose it's too late for me to swap teams and join you guys?

Gina💛
how bad are they?

Me
I've never ate more pizza in my life

Gina💛
Doesn't sound like a bad thing, really

Me
I am this close 🤏to going into a food coma

"You guys, what are we making?" Carlos asked, getting up from where he was sat.

Big Red's phone suddenly went off and he read it quickly. "Oh- text from Ash. They want us to construct something to slowly spin Ricky around on, so that we can change the fabric on his cape while he spins."

Carlos nodded while I glanced over at him. "That sounds... promising."

"What do I have that spins?" Big Red asks, getting up from his armchair.

Carlos walked towards our box of pizza while something caught EJ's eye. "Wait- there's a bunch of these back here, we could use, maybe-"

I took one glance at the skateboards and realised how the rest of the conversation was heading. "Oh." Big Red's eyes went slightly wide. "My retired skateboards."

"I mean..." Ricky gave his best friend a look. "if it's to help Miss Jenn finally win her award..." Big Red was in his own world still.

"I'm wrapping my head around it..." He murmured. "Emotionally..."

"That could take all night." EJ then murmured, looking at the wheels on the back of one of the skateboards.

Ricky glanced at EJ, then at me before back at Big Red. "I could do that." He said, standing up. "Stay all night." Then, the boy looked over at Carlos. "Carlos?"

"Uh, yeah. I need to talk to Seb at some point, but it can wait." The boy said, as if what he'd just said wasn't worrying at all.

"You sure?" I asked him.

"It's waited all week." Carlos told me. "Let's spin Ricky around for a few hours." The boy chuckled while I gave Ricky a look.

⊱⊰

"All right, everybody rotate clockwise." Big Red said from underneath the table. When we did so we heard an annoyed voice. "The other clockwise." As we turned Ricky again, Carlos continued.

"I just don't understand what happened. Sbe doesn't seem like the jealous type." Carlos said to us. I thought about it for a moment.

"What does he seem like?" EJ asked him, which caused him then to shrug.

"I don't know... the farmer type?" Rolling my eyes as Big Red stood up to get a different tool.

"Carlos, look, I think the reason he thinks you're only dating him is because he's the only other boy at school known to watch Drag Race Canada." I told the boy honestly.

He thought about it. "Wow. That specific."

"What? Do you not watch Drag Race Canada? Do you watch a different one?" I asked, hands on hips, confused.

"Ashlyn texted me and Case." Big Red said, walking back. "We have a spy on the inside."

A spy on the inside? What was this Mission Impossible?