ᴀᴄᴛ ᴛᴡᴏ: ꜱᴄᴇɴᴇ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴ

"BIG RED? HAS ANYONE SEEN BIG RED?" Kourtney called for the boy as she walked down the hallway.

"Is he stuck in a locker again?" I offered her as we walked.

She pulled a face at my comment. "LOOKING FOR BIG RED! DOES ANYONE HAVE EYES ON BIG RED?" She glanced over at the two boys walking down the hallway. "Do y'all know where Big Red is?" Getting a no for an answer, we continued.

"He must be in a locker." I say, shrugging before we bumped into a certain someone.

"Hey." The boy said.

"Howie! Hey!" The girl next to me was now far more hyper than ten seconds ago and I was holding back a smirk.

"I was just... going to get some air." He was quiet, like his mind was in other places. He kept glancing away while the girl next to me giggled.

"Air is okay. We allow air." While she joked, I noticed his change of nature since we'd last even seen him. Nervous? "Um... did you see me performing up there? Did you see this clock performing up there?" She asked, pulling my arm up, all excited.

"I did, yes..."

His short answer didn't really help her much. "Uh... did you enjoy it?"

"Very much." It was like trying to get water out of a plain sheet of paper. Impossible.

"Okay..." Kourt grabbed hold of my hand tightly. "well, enjoy your air." She told him.

"I will. Thanks."

There was silence between the three of us before Kourt pulled us both away, walking in the opposite direction. Not even five steps down the hallway, she was beginning to freak out, walking into our rehearsal room.

"AIR." She said, too loudly for my ears. "I need air."

"Please, calm down. You're better than this-" I began, but she was striding towards my sister.

"What happened?" Nini asked, standing up from the chair.

"Howie was being super weird just now, and I am dangerously close to doubting myself here, Neen." My eyes went wide at the second bit. WHAT. KOURTNEY CANNOT DOUBT HERSELF.

"Excuse me, what? I am about to go slap him now, be right back-" I went to leave but Nini tugged the sleeve of my suit, pulling me back.

"Hey, no," She said to Kourt. "look at me. Number one, you're Kourtney."

"Fact." Kourtney said, still panicked slightly.

"Number two, we don't do it for them. Okay? we do it for us." Nini told her, giving the best advice ever, but has probably never taken the same advice.

"Also fact." Kourtney nodded. "Thank you." And with that, Kourtney was gone, looking for Big Red again, but then, Ash was walking in.

"I need starting pitches for Something There." She told us both and Nini glanced over at my just as suddenly panicked state.

"Oh god..." I muttered, glancing over at the piano before playing two notes.

"Okay, I'm thinking of adding some riffs to the song." Ashlyn continued as I glanced back at her. "Like- I wonder why I didn't see him there before." The riff was different but rang a bell like I'd heard it before. "Like that."

My sister nodded. "Okay.... Why?"

"Because... Lily did it last night, and it was gently glorious." I rolled my eyes as Ashlyn confessed.