Chapter 11

The two Hufflepuffs made it to the greenhouse. The Hufflepuff boy wrenched open doors and walked in with Kirra trotting miserably behind him.

Sprout noticed the two Hufflepuffs entering and a bright, kind smile was brought to her face "good afternoon dears, what can I do for the two of you?" Kirra smiled softly back, the fear of getting expelled was still prominent in her mind and she didn't think she would be able to bare the disappointment on Sprout's face when she found out what Kirra had done

"Excuse me, Professor Sprout, but I just came to tell you that I did it! I finally found the perfect seeker for our team!" Blythe said and Sprouts smile got even wider, though she was slightly unsure due to the age of the girl standing next to the Hufflepuff team captain.

But then again... she was sure that Kirra Potter had the potential to be a perfect seeker.

"Are you sure, Mr Blythe?" Sprout asked while Kirra just stood there looking beyond confused, though she kept silent, not wanting to interrupt or increase her chances of getting expelled.

"Absolutely," said Blythe crisply. "The girl's a natural, seems like her brother is too. I've never seen anything like it. Was that your first time on a broomstick, Potter?" Kirra nodded silently. She didn't have a clue what was going on, but she didn't seem to be being expelled, and some of the feeling started coming back to her legs.

"She caught a tiny little hair pin in her hand after a fifty-foot dive," Blythe told Sprout with excitement and awe radiating off of him. "Didn't even scratch herself. I've never seen a seeker at Hogwarts like it, I recon shed be able to make the big leagues after a few years of practice here."

Blythe was now looking as though all his dreams had come true at once. "Ever seen a game of Quidditch, Potter?" he asked excitedly as he looked down at the short, messy-haired girl that was standing next to him.

"Blythe's captain of the Hufflepuff team," Professor Sprout explained and Kirra nodded her head softly, still not understanding what the hell was going on.

"She's just the build for a Seeker, too," said Blythe, now walking around Kirra and staring at her.

"Light —speedy — we'll have to get her a decent broom, Professor — a Nimbus Two Thousand or a Cleansweep Seven, I'd say." Blythe said as if it were nothing. But Kirra who had seen the prices, knew that it was far from nothing.

"I shall speak to Professor Dumbledore and see if we can't bend the first-year rule. Heaven knows, we have a beautiful team but we need a better team than last year" Sprout said and then looked down at the 11 year old girl with a warm smile, "Your father and god mother would have been proud," she said and Kirra felt her insides warm at her words. "They were excellent Quidditch player's themselves."

Kirra had no idea who her god mother was but the mention of her father had clearly brought her mood up, "You're joking." Excitement was radiating off the girl as she thought about her dad racing around on a broom.

"I'm Gilbert Blythe by the way, im the head of the Hufflepuff quidditch team and I'm also one of the chasers for the team. I'm in my 4th year " Blythe said as he shook the 11 year olds hand with a smile, and as he looked down at the girl, he knew that things were about to change for the better for Hufflepuff.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was dinnertime and Kirra had just finished telling Rudy and Adira what had happened when she'd left the grounds with Gilbert Blythe, the older Hufflepuff boy. Rudy had let out an excited cry and Adira had a piece of steak and kidney pie halfway to her mouth, but she'd forgotten all about it and it dropped out of her mouth onto the plate.