Chapter 14

Kirra Potter let out a groan of pain as she sat up, she looked around in confusion as she noticed she wasn't in her dorm room "where the h-"

"Oh thank god you're okay" Adira exclaimed as she threw herself forward and threw her arms around her friend. The young Potter instantly tensed up at the sudden pain she felt in her body and adira ripped herself and quickly apologised to the injured girl

"Oh Merlin, im so sorry!" Kirra looked around and noticed that Rudy, Adira, Harry, Ron, Hermione, Neville, and the Weasley twins were standing around her bed

"You gave us a right good scare," Rudy said as he sat on the end of her bed with a relieved sigh, placing his hand on her leg which was covered by the blankets that were providing her with the warmth that she craved.

"Oh sorry about that, I'll remember that the next time im being chased by a mountain troll by myself," Kirra replied sarcastically though there was a large grin on her face.

"And so you should" Fred and George both say as they grin at her, she smiles up at them and winces as she goes to get up. The smiles dropped from everyone's faces and all of them reached forward to help her but she stuck her hand out to stop them

"I'm fine, I'm fricken starving though, I could eat a whole damn Horse" she groaned out and then threw the blankets off her body, her stomach grumbling as her mouth practically watered at the thought of food.

"Just get back into bed you idiot" Harry called out to her playfully, though he really did want her to get back into bed. She was clearly in a lot of pain, and getting up to go and get food would not help her situation in the slightest.

"I don't plan on getting back into that bed again, thank you very much" she called out and then walked out of the hospital wing, leaving all of them there with their mouths open. She never ceased to amaze them.

"well umm- nice to see you too" Ron muttered out as she left

"Oh I woundnt worry about that deary, don't take it personal, she's extremely high on different potions right now that she wouldn't even recognise a Niffler from a Grindylow, I'd doubt she even remembers being in here at this point, she should be over it in a few hours though" Pomfrey tells them all with a smile as she goes to pull out her wand to wash the blankets and sheets

"well this is going to be a long day" Rudy muttered out and everyone nodded and sighed in agreeance.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As they entered November, the weather turned very cold, which to say at the least, Kirra was very upset about, she had piled on as many layers of clothing as she could and was still shivering violently.

The mountains around the school became icy grey and the lake was like chilled steel. Every morning the ground was covered in frost. Hagrid could be seen from the upstairs windows defrosting broomsticks on the Quidditch field, bundled up in a long moleskin overcoat, rabbit fur gloves, and enormous beaverskin boots.

The Quidditch season had begun. On Saturday the first match would be starting, it was going to be Gryffindor versus Slytherin. If Gryffindor won, they would move up into second place in the house championship.

The day before Harry's first Quidditch match Kirra, Harry, Ron and Hermione were out in the freezing courtyard during break, and Hermione had conjured them up a bright blue fire that could be carried around in a jam jar.

Kirra had been filled in on everything happening and how the two boys had helped the girl. They were standing with their backs to it, getting warm, when Snape crossed the yard.