Chapter 18

She slipped out of bed and wrapped the cloak around herself. Looking down at her legs, she saw only moonlight and shadows. It was a very funny feeling. Use it well.

Suddenly, Kirra felt wide-awake, but as she hugged the cloak to her body, she noticed it didn't give her the warm safe feeling that she got when she was holding the snitch, she shrugged it off quickly, not wanting to ponder.

The whole of Hogwarts was open to her in this cloak. Excitement flooded through her as he stood there in the dark and silence. She could go anywhere in this, anywhere, and Filch would never know.

She crept out of the dormitory, up the stairs, across the common room, and climbed through the small hole. She walked quickly down the corridor. Where should she go? She stopped, her heart racing, and thought. And then it came to her, she could go anywhere, why not explore a little bit?

She roamed the corridors for a while and then found a room that she had never been in before, she walked in and shut the door behind her. It looked like an unused classroom.

The dark shapes of desks and chairs were piled against the walls, and there was an upturned wastepaper basket – but propped against the wall facing him was something that didn't look as if it belonged there, something that looked as if someone had just put it there to keep it out of the way.

It was a magnificent mirror, as high as the ceiling, with an ornate gold frame, standing on two clawed feet. There was an inscription carved around the top: Erised stra ehru oyt ube cafru oyt on wohsi.

She admired the mirror in front of her, it truly was beautiful, Kirra moved nearer to the mirror, wanting to look at herself but see no reflection again. She stepped in front of it. Her eyes widened and she had to clap her hands to her mouth to stop herself from screaming.

She whirled around. Her heart was pounding furiously — for she had seen not only herself in the mirror, but a whole crowd of people standing right behind her. But the room was empty. Breathing very fast, she turned slowly back to the mirror.

There she was, reflected in it, white and scared-looking, and there, reflected behind her, were at least 20 others, some were students she was sure she had never seen before.

She screwed her eyes slightly to try and get a better look, calming herself down. She began to look at the faces that were reflected in the mirror and then she noticed the boy she had saw when she touched the dragon Hagrid had made her.

She stared at him for a moment, wondering who he was and why she could see him in the mirror even though he wasn't actually there. He just stared at her, a small smile on his face as he didn't day anything, she didn't know why, but his smile made her feel safe and happy.

She decided to look to see who else was there so she drew her attention from him and went to look at the next person...... and next to him was another Slytherin boy, who was handsome as well, he had grey-blue eyes and slightly curly black hair, and the look he was giving her was exactly the same as the boy next to him.

She stared at him for a few moments, trying to figure out where she knew him from. Come to think of it, there was something so familiar about this boy and the first boy, but she just couldn't seem to put her finger on it.

His smile warmed her insides and made her feel protected, just like the first boy. But how could somebody she had never met, make her feel so important? she moved her eyes once more, next to him, surprisingly enough, was Theodore.

"Theodore what's happening?" she asked, but he just smiled softly at her and didn't say anything, the smile on his face was unfamiliar and different to the one that he usually gave her.