I'll Deal With It

"I've seen you before, you're in the same year as me, right? You're friends with Theodore and Draco" she said as he pulled her up the stairs ahead of Lockhart, the two second years ignored the man as he called out to them

"That's right, my best friend Blaise has mentioned that the two of them seem to enjoy picking on you quite a bit," Jasper said as they walked up to the defence against the dark arts classroom where the rest of the students would already be sitting, waiting for them and the teacher who was trying to catch up to them

"That's an understatement," Kirra replied with a small chuckle and Jasper smiled down at her and laughed along with her, but also felt bad for the girl, which was odd, considering he never felt bad for anyone, he could see the brightness in her and he couldn't help but help that it would drown the overwhelming darkness that resided within him, and he knew that he wasn't the only Slytherin who looked for the girl's light.

"They're assholes, don't worry about them, if they ever pick on you too much, just come along and tell me and I'll deal with it," Jasper told her and she looked conflicted as she nodded her head softly, she meant it when she had said she had seen him around, she had seen him bullying other kids, and judging people because of their blood status, did he not know that she was a half blood?"

"Okay," she told him with a small smile, giving the boy a chance

They had reached Lockhart's classroom and the two of them walked inside of the classroom, everyone in the room turned to look at the two of them, their eyes widening in shock and surprise as they saw the two of them standing together, "see you later princess" he told her and then walked off to go and sit next to Blaise

"Bye Rowle," she called and went to go and sit next to Adira who was staring at her with her jaw dropped

"Call me Jasper" he said the two of them sit down on opposite sides of the room, they gave each other one last smile before Jasper turned to talk to Blaise, Kirra noticed Theodore turn around to face Jasper who was sitting behind him, he looked angry as he said something to Jasper who just smirked at the boy in front of him and said something back which Kirra failed to hear.

Blaise cut in and the two Slytherin boys glared at each other before turning back to do their work just as Lockhart stormed into the classroom.

"Why the hell were you talking to Jasper Rowle, his whole family are known for being involved in the dark arts, he is like the worst Slytherin in our year besides Draco and Nott, and their little posey, not to mention, he's Theodore's cousin" said Adira with a scowl on her face as she glared at Jasper. "Besides, he is a full on pure blood supremacist, he knows you are a half blood, he is planning something im telling you now, you need to stay away from him"

"He helped me on the stairwell when Lockhart was tugging me, besides he was nice on the walk up, maybe he just needs a friend Adira, besides you cant tell me who I need to stay away from," Kirra explained to her and Adira rolled her eyes at her short Hufflepuff friend.

"Don't be so naïve Kirra, stop trying to see the best in everyone, you need to understand that some people are just bad, I guarantee that if you be his 'friend' you are only going to get hurt," Adira explained and Kirra let out an annoyed huff

"He could be a good person. Everybody needs somebody," Kirra tried to explain. Lockhart cleared his throat loudly and silence fell. He reached forward, picked up Neville Longbottom's copy of Travels with Trolls, and held it up to show his own, winking portrait on the front.

"Me," he said, pointing at it and winking as well. "Gilderoy Lockhart, Order of Merlin, Third Class, Honorary Member of the Dark Force Defense League, and five-time winner of Witch Weekly's Most-Charming Smile Award — but I don't talk about that. I didn't get rid of the Bandon Banshee by smiling at her!" He waited for them to laugh; a few people smiled weakly while Kirra rolled her eyes, now in a foul mood.