Following the Spiders

"Good luck at the game today," Kirra told Theodore and Draco before placing a soft kiss on Nott's cheek. He grinned down at her softly before the two Slytherin boys walked into the Slytherin tent and Kirra made her way up to the stands to watch the match. It was Slytherin vs Gryffindor, and lucky for the players, the weather was perfect today.

Kirra made it up the stands and apologized multiple times as she pushed through the crowd of people before finally making it to Blaise and Jasper. "Where have you been?" Jasper asked, but from the smirk on his face, it was clear that he already knew where the Hufflepuff girl had been.

"It's gonna be an aggressive game out there" Blaise muttered as the two teams walked out onto the field. the stands erupted with cheers as the players walked out and began to warm up, ready for the game. Kirra cheered for the Slytherins and the Gryffindors, after all she had friends on both teams and her twin brother was on the Gryffindor team.

The players were just mounting their brooms when Professor McGonagall came half marching, half running across the pitch, carrying an enormous purple megaphone. Kirras's heart dropped like a stone, already knowing that this was going to be bad news.

"This match has been cancelled," Professor McGonagall called through the megaphone, addressing the packed stadium. There were boos and shouts. Oliver Wood, looking devastated, landed and ran toward Professor McGonagall without getting off his broomstick.

"But, Professor!" he shouted, his voice echoing through the megaphone that the woman was holding. "We've got to play — the Cup —Gryffindor —"

Professor McGonagall ignored him and continued to shout through her megaphone: "All students are to make their way back to the House common rooms, where their Heads of Houses will give them further information. As quickly as you can, please!"

Kirra looked up at Jasper with fear in her eyes and he gave her a sad look before grabbing her hand and leading her down to the pitch so that they could meet with the Slytherins then all walk back together but Harry and Ron seemed to have other plans for her as they ran towards her and ripped her from the Slytherins hand and then tugged on her, dragging her towards McGonogall. 

Kirra gave her friends a reassuring look before she, Harry and Ron followed Professor McGonagall back into the school and up the marble staircase.

"This will be a bit of a shock," said Professor McGonagall in a surprisingly gentle voice as they approached the infirmary. " There has been another attack . . . another double attack." Kirra's insides did a horrible somersault. Professor McGonagall pushed the door open and Kirra, Harry, and Ron entered. 

Madam Pomfrey was bending over a sixth-year girl with long, curly hair. And on the bed next to her was— "Hermione!" Ron groaned and Kirra let out a large gasp as she covered her mouth in shock.

Hermione lay utterly still, her eyes open and glassy. "They were found near the library," said Professor McGonagall. "I don't suppose any of you can explain this? It was on the floor next to them. . . ."

She was holding up a small, circular mirror. Kirra, Harry and Ron shook their heads, all three of them staring at Hermione."I will escort you back to Gryffindor Tower," said Professor McGonagall heavily "Miss Potter, Professor Sprout is just outside the room waiting to escort you back.

*

"All students will return to their House common rooms by six o'clock in the evening. No student is to leave the dormitories after that time. You will be escorted to each lesson by a teacher. No student is to use the bathroom unaccompanied by a teacher. All further Quidditch training and matches are to be postponed. There will be no more evening activities."