Smoke

TW: A little bit of violent graphic details.

Dear Aurora,

Are you ok? I'm sorry I haven't written back yet, so much has happened.

I think I might actually be happy with Abe. Yes he has some flaws... but I can't stop thinking about him. He isn't as aggressive as people make him out to be. The way he looks at me when I talk, how he walks with such confidence when he enters a room, he is quite protective over me, but I like that. His smile is so god damn gorgeous too.

I want you to write to me as soon as you read this to update me on father. If he hits you or mom again, you write that and i'll kill him myself. Even if he is laying on his death bed right now.

June.

I folded up the letter and put it inside of an envelope. I lit a candle and melted some golden wax placing it on top, sealing it.

Abe's POV:

"Good morning!" A soft voice from the corner of the room spoke.

It was Raven.

"Oh- um- hello..." I was hung over and I had a terrible knot in my left shoulder from sleeping on the couch last night. "Have you seen June?" I ask.

The mention of her name seems to piss Raven off as she shakes her head.

"When I ask you a question, I expect you to use your words and respond truthfully."

I sat up, now noticing Raven was standing behind me holding a cup of coffee.

"Yes, I passed her in the hallway about and hour ago. She said that she had some business to attend to."

I didn't drink the coffee because Raven was giving off a very dangerous vibe.

She noticed and smiled psychotically. Clenching her jaw before she left.

What the actual fuck.

______________________

June's POV:

I was heading back to the library when I bumped into Raven.

"Oh hello!" I say with a smile on my face.

Her eyes were red from crying and she had a look as though she had just murdered someone. She looked at me, studying my face. Her eyes slowly traveled down to the letter in my hand.

"I can take that for you," Raven said, a smile now forming on her face.

"Oh... it's no problem for me. I can just-"

"No, really," she said, interrupting me. Raven's cold hands came in contact with mine as she took the letter out of my hands rather harshly.

"Ok... Thank you..." I said, cautiously walking away from her. She didn't look at me again and quickly walked away.

I grabbed the library door handle and pulled, opening the door.

Abe was standing there.

"I was just about to look for you," he said, smiling weakly.

"I was writing a letter to my sister," I responded, matching his worn down energy.

I closed the door behind me and I walked up to him, placing my hands on the back of his neck. Making him look into my eyes again.

I don't want him to hide from me. I want him to trust and talk to me.

He takes his hands and places them on my hips, bringing us closer.