Soft - smut warning

I wandered the castle. It was at least 2 in the morning and everyone was asleep. My fingers examined the stone walls as I walked past them. The cold temperature sending chills throughout my body. 

"Please, help us!" The sound of my mother's voice echoed gently in my head. I had been pushing my grief down, burying my feelings. A hot tear travelled down my cheek as my fingers collected the dust that hid between the cracks in the walls. 

I stopped at two large glass doors. Creating a barrier between me and a large balcony. I took my hand off the wall, and gently turned the handles. A quick breeze entered the castle before I stepped out.

It was beautiful. 

Everything was. The fog that moistoned the air, the few lights that were visible through the windows of houses below. Goose bumps formed on my arms as I leaned against the frosty marble railing. 

I closed my eyes, allowing myself to re-imagine my hallucinations. I had no family. 

I felt another salty droplet leave my eye as I stood there. Taking in the fresh air. 

I hated it. I hated how happy everyone outside of the castle seemed, I hated the sound of music and laughter that traveled up to my window from the kingdom every day.

I hated how I couldn't mourn my family's death without feeling guilty. It was my fault. If I had just been an obedient daughter. If I had just been there, maybe all of this wouldn't have happened. 

My grip on the rail tightened as the image of Aurora flashed through my mind. Her whimpers and cries for help as she dragged herself across the floor, leaving of trail of scarlet behind. 

Behind her was my father. Screaming in anger as he pulled out the knife from his chest. He moved closer to me, his eyes widened as his arm stretched out to grab me. My breathing pattern grew quicker and the sound of my shaky breath filled the air.  

"June?" my eyes snapped open and I turned around quickly. I ran into Abe's arms and held him tight. "Why weren't you there?" I asked, I wanted to slap him across the face for not being at the party, but I couldn't bring myself to hurt him. "What happened?" he asked firmly, pushing me away and then holding onto my shoulders, looking me in the eye. 

My bottom lip quivered before I spoke again. "H-Hayen had a dinner party with other rulers b-but..." my voice trailed away and I shook my head, trying to get rid of the memories of all the dead bodies on the ground. Abe's jaw clenched and he bit his bottom lip. "He sent me to train the new knights," he said. 

Abe had both his hands on the sides on my face, so that he could look at me clearly. "Are you ok," he asked. I nodded my head and moved my face so that our foreheads were touching. "I'm sorry," he whispered as the the cool breeze ran through his hair. 

I looked up at his closed eyes. I moved my head away and he looked at me. I wanted to be with him. I wanted to be sitting at the tree, watching him sketch in the little notebook he had, reading to him even though he most likely wasn't listening.  

I inched my face a little closer to Abe as one of his hands slowly slid down to my waist. Abe's eyes glanced down at my lips and he moved a little closer this time. I wrapped my arms around his neck, bring me up a little so that I could reach his lips. His other hand traveled to my waist before putting both hands on my lower back, pushing towards himself so that my front side was up against his. His hot breath sent shivers down my spine as he tilted his head slightly. Our lips were just an inch away from each other. 

This was happening. There were no books to land on our heads, no jealous psychotic maids, just us. 

"You don't know what you do to me," Abe whispered before gently pressing his lips on mine. I moaned quietly as his hands rubbed my lower back, bringing me closer to him as he consumed me. His tongue brushed my lips gently and I opened my mouth a little, letting him in. My fingers played with his hair as I got lost in his taste. Our tongues circling each other, as if we couldn't get enough.