Thigh

Abe's POV: 

I sat at one of the large cushioned chairs. Waiting for everyone to leave the castle. I was twisting one of the silverware knives in my hand. 

Once the doors to the palace closed I ran up to Hayden. "YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE!" I yelled at him, gripping the knife in my hand, so that my knuckles were white. I pushed him against one of the pillars and put the knife against his neck. "That's quite a blunt knife, you sure you can manage killing me with that?" he asked, licking his lips, very amused by my anger.

I stared into his eyes as I shook with fury. "I thought, you were dead," I said, pushing the knife deeper into his throat, drawing blood. 

"Abe," I heard June's voice say warningly. "Go," I said to her, keeping my eyes on my brother. "Seriously, stop it!" June was trying to take the knife from my hand, but I didn't budge. 

"Come on Abe, you wouldn't want June to see who you really are, would you?" Hayden asked, wearing a sarcastic pouty face. 

I pushed the blade deeper into his neck and he groaned. Before I could do anything else I felt a cold metal against my cheek. June had grabbed a steak knife from one of the trays. 

"GO!" I yell at her, but the metal just pushes harder on my skin. I stare at her, and she stares back.

"Fuck this," I whisper before dropping my hands from my brother's neck. June carefully grabbed the knife from my hands and put it down on the ground before kicking it away with her foot. 

____________________

June's POV:

"Come on June," Abe said to me, holding his hand out. I was about to take it when Hayden grabbed my arm harshly and pulled me to him towards him. "Now where do you think you're going, love?" he said, brushing my hair behind my ear.

What?

"The fuck did you just call her!" Abe yelled. "You're no longer in line for the crown, so June isn't yours to marry" he said. My arm stiffened at his tight grip.

The room went silent and I stepped back from Hayden. "I'm not marrying you," I said, my voice was a little shaky. 

He sighed, "Unfortunately, that's not up to you."

I was about to turn back around to Abe, but his bodied disappeared quickly behind one of the large doors. My chest started to rise faster and I flinched at the sound of the door slam. Hayden creeped up behind me and brushed my hair aside from my ear. His hands gently slid onto my waist and he spoke quietly next to my ear, "Why don't you sit down," I shook my head as I bit my bottom lip to stop myself from crying, but he pushed me down onto one of the chairs roughly. 

Hayden sat down on another large chair positioned opposite of mine. His legs were spread a little and his head rested on one of his hands with his index finger touching his cheek bone, and the other fingers covering his mouth. 

I sat there staring into the candle flame that sit in between us on a stone table. "What... happened?" I asked quietly to the point where it was almost a whisper. He looked at me confused. "With Abe... Where were you...?"

Hayden bit the inside of his cheek and stood up from his chair. He kneeled in front of me and gripped my thigh hard. I gasped as the ends of his fingers dug into my flesh. "Look at me," he said quietly. My breathing got faster and shallower but I didn't look at him. His grip was tighter and I thought my leg was going to snap off, but I still didn't look at him. 

"Come on..." he said frustratedly before holding onto my jaw and forcing me to look into his eyes. 

My father. That's who I saw when I looked at him. 

A tear ran down my cheek as his hand was still on my thigh and jaw. 

____________________

Abe's POV:

"FUCK!" I yelled, throwing a vase at a wall in my room. It broke into a million pieces but I didn't care. I threw another. 

If June steps out of line once, he'll kill her. 

I threw a book at my door.

If I step out of line, he'll kill me.

I kicked a stool in the corner of my room, causing it to fall over creating a loud thump. I sat on my bed, running my hands through my hair. "June..." I whispered as my hands covered my face. 

____________________

June's POV:

"I don't like people who ask a lot of questions," Hayden said tilting his head to the side slightly. Another tear escaped my eyes as my bottom lip started to quiver. "I-I'm sorry," I whispered nodding my head. He clicked his tongue and let go of my jaw. 

I exhaled but his hand moved to my other thigh and I gasped once more. "There are a few things you should know," he said. "Disobey me, and you will be sorry," I nodded my head, gripping the sides of the chair to stop myself from screaming from the pain, "Do anything you think I wouldn't like, and you will be punished," I nodded obeying again, "Try to run away, and you will be killed."

Killed.

That word echoed in my head. 

"Yes," I managed to croak out.

Hayden smiled and let go of me, patting my leg before walking over to one of the cabinets to pour himself a drink. "You can go," he added, waving his hand in the air.  

I slowly left the room and closed the door behind me. 

I didn't want this. I didn't deserve this. 

I sprinted up the stone steps as water flooded from my eyes. I ran straight past my room and headed to Abe's. I opened the door to find him sitting on the bed. There were books, pillows and broken vases on the floor. He stopped and looked at me, standing up. 

"Ju-" but I didn't let him finish his sentence. I ran into his arms.

"I don't want to do this," I said into his chest, my voice broke and I started to cry. 

Abe didn't hesitate and hugged me back, putting his lips on top of my head. "I know," he whispered. Abe's voice was shaky and he was sniffling. "I'm so so sorry" I heard him say.