Blood

Abe's POV:

"What do you mean King Thatcher is dead?" I asked one of my guards. "Sir, he was stabbed in the heart by his eldest daughter."

June.

"You can go," I said, pointing to the door of my office. He bowed slightly and left. 

"So June killed her father..." I heard Clyde say from my office chair. He had a drink in his hand and he was turning pen in between his fingers. 

"Stop that," I said, "it's highly annoying." 

Clyde sighed and put the pen down, standing up from the chair. "So what are we gonna do?" he asked.

I looked up at him with a confused expression on my face. "Well, your girlfriend just killed her father... so I think you should probably do something."

"She's not my girlfriend," I said. 

"Oh really? Then what is she?" a smirk appearing on his face. I didn't respond.

"Mhm." Clyde took a large sip of his drink, clearly amused.

I paced my office room, running my hands through my hair. "She's a wanted criminal in her kingdom. So we just have to get her back here, and then she won't have to be on the run anymore." I said.

Clyde clapped his hands in sarcastic applause. "Congratulations, you set a goal. But, i'm pretty sure she doesn't want to talk to you right now." 

"Well, she's going to have to."

How the fuck was I supposed to do this. June was smart, and that was only going to make finding her more difficult. 

______________________

June's POV:

I woke up to the loud sound of cheers and screams from outside. Two cars from the palace had pulled up and Kai stood on top of one.

"The king is dead!" The citizens went quiet. "Last night, King Thatcher was stabbed in the heart by his eldest daughter, Princess June." 

I walked up to the window to find a crowd of around 100 people whispering.

Ah shit.

Once again, I had to run. 

I packed up all my things when I saw a large red stain on the bed. I looked down at the place where Kai had cut me, and the entire bandage had turned a deep, rich red. I took it off and grabbed another one from the bag Juliette had packed. 

I was wrapping it around my body, tighter than last time to apply more pressure. When I heard the sound of keys at the door. 

I ran to the window, still adjusting my bandage. "No, no, no!" I whispered to myself, realizing that Kai was no longer outside and neither was the woman who gave me the key to the room last night. 

"She had this sword around her waist, and I assumed she worked at the castle so..." I heard the woman's voice through the door.

I put my shirt back on after fixing my wound, and put the bag strap around my shoulder. 

The window.

It was a stupid idea but it was the only option. I opened the window and looked down. No citizens or guards were underneath me.

The brick was old and some parts had crumbled away. I swung my leg outside and put it in the largest space. My hands were sweaty and the brick was rough against my skin, which made climbing down difficult. 

My hand got stuck in one of the spaces and I felt my wound open as my torso was being stretched. 

I placed my other hand over my mouth, stopping myself from screaming. Kai was in the room and if he heard so much as a peep from me. He would immediately know I was climbing down the wall. 

My eyes widened and my breathing got heavier. 

I was hanging onto the wall with one sweaty stuck hand, and a deep large cut under one of my breasts had fully opened again. 

______________________

Abe's POV:

There was a large group of people surrounding 2 royal limos. It was loud, and a few guards were stopping people from climbing on top of the cars. 

"What's going on?" Clyde asked. 

My heart dropped into my stomach when I saw June hanging from the side of a fucking building. "Is that June..." Clyde started, but I was out of the car before he could finish his sentence. 

"JUNE!" I yelled over the crowd of yelling, angry citizens. When I got close enough I could see a puddle of scarlet underneath her. 

Blood. 

I ran under June, holding my arms out ready to catch her. I yelled her name again but a guard in the room above her heard me and rushed to the window. 

Her chest started rising quicker and she was shaking her hand to get it out of the hole in the wall. The sound of her scream in pain made me flinch. 

Blood was pouring down from her now.

______________________

June's POV:

I tried to wiggle my hand free but I couldn't. Abe was below me, and Kai was reaching down through the window to try and grab me. 

Beads of sweat on my forehead fell into my eyes, blurring my vision. 

I screamed as my legs slipped from the openings they were on. I was hanging from my arm now. The wound was so wide I felt like someone could have touched one of my ribs if they tried.

Kai had grabbed hold of my arm. 

"NO! GET OFF!" I yelled, now desperate to break my hand free. Kai pulled on my arm and my hand was no longer stuck. I yelled as my skin felt like someone was burning it off as he was pulling me up. 

I reached into my pocket with my free hand and grabbed the blade. "You're so fucking stupid," I said, now tears pouring out my eyes. 

I took the blade, stabbed his arm and twisted it, causing Kai to let go of my hand.

"NOOOO!" I heard him yell as I fell into Abe's arms. 

"Oh hey, long time no see..." I said, cupping the side of his face as a tear escaped his eye.

I put my head on his chest as he ran to the car. 

I felt the cool black leather seats of the limo against my skin as Abe gently placed me in the back seat.

I laid down, my head on Abe's lap as he ran his hands through my hair. 

God, I missed him.

Sorry this chapter was so short and bad. I was rushing it because I had a lot of homework. I might update again in a few hours because this chapter was so short or I might not and you'll have to wait for tomorrow.

Bye! ;)