Odium

By the time I woke up, Hayden had left my bed. Leaving me alone with the ring on my finger and a torturous feelings or regret.

I carefully slipped the band off my hand, saving myself from future hallucinations and pain that the flowers created for me. The diamonds caught the sunrise beautifully and my heart sank at the slight feeling of happiness building up in my stomach. 

I always imagined I'd be wearing a ring Abe had created and given to me, and that I'd be marrying him instead.

I slapped my hand to my mouth, muffling my scream as I saw Juliette standing at my door, her eyes red and puffy as she had a painful, forced, fake smile on her face. I brought the sheets up to my chest, hiding all the skin that I could as she slowly approached me.

She looked as though she was in pain and her body was shaking. "I love those flowers," she said calmly, tears threatening to pour down her face. 

She turned her head while smiling, looking to the empty vase sitting on my dresser, "they're so... unique."

"Juliette, there's nothing there-" I gasp as her hand rushed to my arm, squeezing hard enough to leave a bruise. 

I could feel my heart pound against my rib cage as I stared into her dilating pupils, before my eyes trailed down, scanning her body. 

She wore a nightgown similar to mine but a cream colour instead of blue, and there was a long scratch that ran from her elbow to her wrist. "What happened?" I asked, my mind flicking to the worst as she swallowed from fear, shaking her head in pain as she refused to look down. 

My mouth opened from shock as I saw the same look of resent and fear in her eyes as I saw in mine many times before. I twisted my arm, loosening myself from her grip before running my finger along the wound, collecting a fair amount of blood. 

"What do you see?" I demanded more than questioned. Juliette shut her eyes tightly, shaking her head as she mumbled to herself. 

I watched in horror as her body was trembling before she opened her eyes, her face abnormally calm and her pupils so large that colour was barely visible.

"I want a tour of the castle." She announced. Standing up suddenly and bringing my along with her, not caring that I wasn't wearing any clothes.

I snatched my nightgown from the floor using my feet and slipped it on just before we left my room.

"Library." It was the only word that came out of her mouth as she stared me down with a cold look. We switched places, my hand still in her bone splintering grip as I lead her to the book filled room. 

____________________

It was empty as most people in the castle were still asleep. She pushed me inside, closing the large doors with her quivering hands and rested her head against the door before she broke out in sobs, collapsing to the floor. 

I rushed to help her, my own arms unsteady from confusion and worry. But Juliette stopped me with a raised hand and only stuttered out the words, "T-top shelf," she groaned in pain, "purple s- spine," she rested her head on the floor while sweat collected on her nightgown, "very... back."

I didn't hesitate as I rushed to the back of the Library room, unfamiliar with the shelves as I hadn't had time to explore that part yet. 

I searched frantically on a small shelf in the back. It stood out from the rest with its small height and yellowed dusty shelves, along with the worn out books that Im sure were missing covers and pages. 

I flinched as another whimper of pain escaped Juliettes lips, echoing throughout the large room. 

Purple, purple, purple.... 

I flashed a quick smile as I located the book, snatching it from the dusty shelf before I rushed over to Juliette. 

She took it from me and frantically flipped through the pages, tearing a few in the process. "T-there," she croaked, grasping her head and pulling her hair like she was in pain. 

I wasted no time and scanned the page, my heart stopping as I glanced over the sketches of many purple pink flowers. 

Juliette brought her hand to lay on the book, her left ring finger shaking the small reflective diamonds placed in a golden band. She pointed to a section written in smaller ink than the rest of the page:

Odium Manipulation: 

Digested- This is the most effective and well known way on how to use the Odium flowers properties. Simple digestion is the most assured way that the poison runs its course through the human body and lingers in the stomach, creating a longer lasting effect. 

Worn- Sentimental people are easy to target with this technique as a stronger bond with the chosen object, creates a stronger bond with the flower and its abilities. Dipping the valued or wanted object in a thickened Odium serum creates a layer that keeps in contact with the person that holds this object. Implanting the flower into the material creates less of a risk with the Odium polish chipping and wearing over time. Unfortunately, the flowers' abilities only work when the device is directly on the person.

My focus was dragged to Juliette's shaking finger and the small sweat droplets forming on her skin. 

Without another thought I grasped the ring and pulled it off her hand, sliding it across the floor until it hit the leg of a table.

She collapsed beside me breathing heavily before hitting my arm repeatedly, "Couldn't have read any faster?" she whined. 

I let out a soft chuckle as I felt my pulse begin to level out from the confusing event I just witnessed. 

I stared at Juliette and studied her soft facial features as I felt her eyes study my figure as well. "You're a fucking princess?" I asked, shaking my head softly as my focus was somehow magnified to her lips. 

She let out a wheezing chuckle and shook her head, groaning as she got up from the ground. "Come on, I need to explain a few things."

...

so hi

...

its been a while

...

im not dead tho lol

...

but hi