Grip

A few weeks had passed by and I was healing pretty well. My wound was a little pink around the edges and it hurt like hell if you rubbed it hard but I was able to bend over, and walk around.

"Good morning," Abe whispered in my ear.

He hadn't left my side since I got hurt. A smile appeared on my face as I turned to him on the bed.
His hair was messy and his clothes were a little wrinkly.

"Let's do something today," I say, closing my eyes. "Oh ya? What do you have in mind?" I felt his fingers gently trace my jaw line.

Abe's breath tickled my nose softly. "Oh I don't know..." I whispered, "we could just walk around." My eyes fluttered open and he was smiling.

We got out of bed, and changed. Abe reluctantly changed in the bathroom.

I brushed my hair and got into a clean outfit.

"You ready?" I yelled through the door. Abe didn't answer. "Don't play game-" but before I could finish my sentence Abe stepped out shirtless.

His hair was wet and dripping onto his shoulders, his pants were slightly below his waist.

"D-did you shower?" I said, gulping at the sight of his abs. He smirks and looks down at his torso. "Is that a problem?..." he asks.

"No," I say quickly.

"Good." He shrugs his shoulders and walks over to my dresser, combing his hair in the mirror before buttoning up a black shirt.

____________________

We walked down the steps and turned right, heading to the courtyard before Abe led us into a large room.

A large stained glass window created big and colourful projections onto the cement ground.

Many people were training. Some throwing knives, using guns, and others fist fighting or lifting weights.

"Now this... is like my library," Abe said raising his hands into the air slightly.

Some people turned their heads to us and others kept training. "This is where the knights, guards, and warriors train," Abe said.

His arm wrapped around my waist and pulled me around the room.

"Clyde!" He called out. Clyde was playing around with a sword.

We walked over to him. "Hey Abe- June! It's great to see you're recovering well," he said, giving a small, kind bow.

"Whatcha working on?" I ask, a little concerned about how he was handling his sword.

"Just playing around, I'm quite good with blades," he said.

Sure.

I scoffed out loud by accident and quickly smacked my hand to my mouth. Clyde and Abe gave me a weird look. "What is that supposed to mean?" Clyde said a little annoyed.

"Y-your grip is a little weak... that's all.." I whisper.

Clyde's left eyebrow raise and he smiled.  "Well if you know so much, why don't you show me how to hold a sword?" He says, pointing to selection of blades hanging on the wall.

They all looked the same. Blunt and boring. Nothing compared to mine.

"You need to sharpen them," I say to Abe before grabbing one by its black leather handle.

"June... he's the best here, and it doesn't seem like fighting is really your thing," Abe says, but I completely dismiss him.

I twirl the handle between my fingers, making the sword do a spin. Clyde gives me an unimpressed look.