Bars

June's POV:

I was still screaming for Abe as I banged on the car doors. They were locked and could only be unlocked from the driver's seat. I kept trying to open the door, smashing my hands against the bullet proof glass. My breathing quickened and my eyes started to water as I knew I was going to die.

Killing the king? Now that surely deserved a death sentence.

I was ripped from the seat by one of the knights. Screaming at Kai as he watched me get dragged into the castle. I tried fighting back but that only lead to my other arm being restrained by someone else. "Fuck you!" I yelled, tears now running down my cheeks.

Fuck you Kai! Fuck you Hayden! And fuck my father!

I continued screaming and fighting back as they pulled me throughout the castle, drawing lots of attention as we passed each hallway. My feet bumped against hard stone steps as they took me to the basement.

I managed to get a hand free, but before I could punch a guard in the face, I was thrown into a small, dirty, cold space. I fell to the ground as I saw them lock a door. My knuckles were white as I gripped the metal bars hard. But they left me alone without so much as acknowledging my presence.

I curled up in a ball on the floor. Goosebumps rising on my arms as the frosty air surrounded me. I wanted Abe. I wanted to be in his arms again.

And Hayden? He can go kill himself.

____________________

Abe's POV:

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN SHE GOT TAKEN!" I yelled at my brother across his office. "Watch you tone when you speak to me," he ordered, but I stepped closer.

I tightened my hand into a fist. "Say that again. I dare you," I said, a smile forming on my face as I longed to knock those white teeth right out of him mouth.

"I will get her back," he said, his eyes widening at the sight of my violent facial expression. I wanted to kill him. Rip that crown right off his decapitated head.

"I know you want her," I spoke, playing with the cuffs of my shirt. His eyes widened and he smirked. "And...?"

"And, this plan of yours is idiotic and will only lead to a sword in your heart." I said, stepping closer to him. He folded his arms and raised and eyebrow. "I thought you preferred guns," Hayden said.

"June doesn't."

____________________

June's POV:

The cell was cold and dark. I leaned against the wall and tilted my head, my chin up as I tried to keep my tears in.

"June!" I heard a soft voice from the corner of the room call out. The door closed and I squinted as Juliette flashed light into my eyes. "You just had to get caught didn't you," she said, setting a tray with a flashlight and what looked like pasta. "Not a bad last meal," I stated as I walked up to the bars. "Don't be crazy, this isn't your last meal," she said, grabbing a handful of the pasta and moving it off the plate.

She turned around to reveal her hands, covered in tomato sauce and... "Is that blood?!" I said loudly, before she put her finger to my mouth. "Be quiet. No one can hear this." She smiled and revealed a key covered in what was supposed to be my food. "Damn you're smart," I said as I watched her unlock the door. "Had to knock out a few guards after they realised Kai hadn't sent me to give you food."

She's a genius.

"Ok, listen to me. I can't get you out of the castle," she said as I stepped out of the cell. "What?" I asked, wiping the sauce off my lips. "So you got me out of that cell to..."

"To tell you that you are going to die tomorrow." She said. I crossed my arms and walked back. "Thanks!" I said nicely before sliding the wall with my back against it.

"BUT," Juliette handed me a retractable blade. It could fit into a back pocket but extended to maybe about half the size of my sword. "You will be escorted to an isolated building outside the grounds. Don't fight the guards when they take you there, you'll only attract unwanted attention and possibly more knights to restrain you."

"Ok."

She took back the blade and lifted up my dress, revealing my bare leg and a small part of my underwear. Juliette knelt down and wrapped a leather strap around my thigh. I felt my cheeks grow hot as her hands moved up my leg, her fingers gently tracing the inner part of my right thigh.

She looked up at me and smirked as she saw my flustered expression. "You'll have to," I groaned quietly as I felt her cold hands travel higher up my thigh and tighten the leather, "reach up your skirt to grab the knife once one of your hands is free, or the guards' grip has loosened." I saw the corners of her mouth lift as I held my breath when she squeezed my thigh, before slipping the blade into a small pocket on the strap.

I wanted to whine as her hands dropped my dress back over my leg, and she stood up.

Wait, Abe.

I bit my lip, trying to forget about what just happened.

"Once you've killed. Yes KILLED the guards, you run. Don't wait or look for me. I need you to run." I nodded and headed back into the cell before turning around. "Kai could still take me even when I'm safe," I mentioned as I closed the door.

"I'll figure something out to make it seem like you're dead," she responded before placing the key between my collar bones and dropping it, so the the cold metal fell into my bra. "Incase you want piss somewhere other than where you're sleeping tonight," Juliette said before winking and grabbing the tray.

I watched in amazement as she walked away and up the stairs, as if nothing had happened.

School has been so incredibly busy and stressful. I will try to upload this week, but school has to come first <3