Chapter 21

Amanda

"You're not supposed to tell people the bad news after having a satied sleep."
Naiiritang baling ni Amanda kay Eric na nasa kabilang linya. Natahimik naman ang huli marahil ay natakot sa kanya.

"Mandy this thing is important. I suggest that you go back before your father makes his move." mahinahon na paki usap ng asawa.

"Eric, he can't ruin my name because it will also ruin him." she puffed a cigarette. Nakaka stress na naman para sa kanya ang sitwasyong ito.

"He was goddamn furious that you left everything just for that kind of girl!" an exasperated sigh from her husband.

"Careful with your words." asik niya rito. Her Charlie is not just a girl that you'll find anywhere.

"Bullshit Mandy!" ang kanina'y pag titimpi ay napalitan na ng pagka balisa ni Eric.

"Ito na naman ba tayo Eric? All you care about is your money. Makukuha mo naman yun. If only you have been smart honey." sarkastiko niyang sambit.

"That's one of the things I admire you Amanda." may halong inis pa man iyon ay alam ni Amanda na totoo ang concern nito sa kanya. They're best friends after all.

"Before I forget. Theo—

"Don't Eric "

"Are you sure?"

" Fuck it. Fine!"

"My my what really a type of unconventional love story honey. " pang aasar pa nito sa kanya.

"You know what I'm just gonna kill you so I'll have my freedom that instant." napahalakhak naman ang isa sa kabilang linya.

"Temper Amanda,Temper."

"There's this woman who came the other day and claiming Theo as the father of her bulging tummy." Amanda smirked of that news. That is a good news for her.

"Can you keep an eye to that woman and make sure to have a DNA after she gave birth."

"That's what I'm planning but your father hasn't been informed about the scandal. Surely he'll have another heart attack."

"Bastard." mura niya kay Eric na tinawanan lang siya nito.

"He's still my father so better do your job well Enrico." Seryosong sabi niya. Eric cleared his throat. Amanda calling his real name scares him to the bones. Alam ng isa ang mga kayang gawin ni Amanda.

"Alright then, take care and please go back asap." hindi na sumagot pa si Amanda at pinutol na ang linya. With one last puff she discard her cigar on the ash tray.

Ang planong dalawang linggong bakasyon sana ay mapapa aga. Inasikaso na talaga ni Amanda ang lahat ng kailangan niyang tapusin. She even resigned as a professor in the university. She didn't want Charlie to transfer so she adjusted for the girl. Hindi pa nga niya iyon nasasabi sa dalaga.
At paniguradon umaapoy na ngayon ang kanilang mansyon dahil sa galit ng kanyang ama. She no longer care about his wealth or whatever perks that  came along with his name. Five years is enough for her to endure her father's whim. She wants to be free with Charlie.

Two soft arms embraced her from behind. She gently held her lover.

"May problema ba?" the girl's inquiry startled her.

"Wala naman." tipid niyang sagot. Hinigpitan lalo ng dalaga ang pagkakayapos sa kanya.

"Don't lie." bulong nito sa kanyang tenga.

"Fine." pasukong sabi niya.

"When you're smoking it means that there's something bothering you." she hummed as response to the girl's analogy.