Epilogue

Charlie

I'm just the girl who likes to steal glances and fantasized about you in lazy early morning shifts and even in my boring afternoons. Your frowning facade that makes your brows met in line entertains me, wondering how little things annoy you or you're just see things in monochromatic order.
I have long accepted that you will never notice my existence, not even a second or two. You were like a wish on a shooting star that I kept on babbling but I know in the end that cannot be granted at all.

Amanda, I don't have any idea how come our paths are destined to cross with each other. From that very first chaste kiss my heart has told me that it's you, only you could bring me home, safe and sound, cared and loved so tenderly. Let me do the same to you as we continue to live in this earthly life of ours.

"Why are you crying?" natatawang tanong ng dalaga sa katabi.

"Never in my wildest dreams have I ever thought about us." madamdaming sambit ni Amanda.

"Look at us now babe." Charlie gave her sweetest smile. She read her piece of love letter to Amanda. Bumalik sila sa villa it's almost sunrise and they've decided to just wait for it. Kalmado ang hampas ng mga alon tila sinasabayan ang kanilang kalmanteng paghinga.

"Come give me a kiss." Amanda urge her and she gladly obliged.
Charlie kissed her with so much tender. Savoring her lover's soft lips. Amanda welcomed her tongue. They're kissing as if their hearts are tangled with each other, beating in sync.

They're here also for Tam and Al's wedding. After a year of therapy with Amanda and with the help of everyone Tammy has finally come out of her dark bubble. Their adorable daughter gives them another bundle of hope and happiness. She could never been more happy for her friend.
Charlie have already finished her clerkship, Amanda is thrilled for her next journey. She's so supportive and understanding.

"Maybe God programmed sunrise to remind us that life is never dark after all the sorrows and etcetera." Charlie chuckles of how Mandy used her words.

"I agree, etcetera." Mandy pinched her nose and laughed with her. Nakuha nito ang tinatawanan niya.

"Seriously, it's a constant reminder that it is okay to start anew." Charlie looked at Amanda lovingly, caressing her lovely face.

"Are you all up to start anew?"

"I've been preparing myself babe."

They stared at each other like the rest of the world is not existing. The hurtful words of discrimination, the unsolicited opinions from other people, the unwanted stares, the condemning society.

Why the heck would we want them to come between us?

Love is too precious to be hidden deep in your closet full of thick linens that are concealing such wonderful thing, YOU.

"I'm not afraid anymore." Amanda kissed her temple. She's melted like butter of how her words give her assurance.

In this lifetime and next after next, surely fate will allow us again to find each other's path my love.

"You have all the time in the world to stare at each other love birds! Come on it's our wedding day not yours." nakapamewang na si Tamara ang kanilang nabungaran. Suot suot nito ang white thin dress at may koronang bulaklak sa kanyang ulo. Mistulang diwata sa kanyang suot.

"Oh the bride." Amanda acknowledged her presence. Tumayo naman si Charlie at niyakap ang kaibigan.

"I'm so happy for the both of you Tam."

"Salamat sayo, sainyo Charlie." maluha luhang sambit nito.

"Maya kana umiyak ano ka ba." natatawang sambit niya.

"Come on girls the other bride is waiting." yakag ni Mandy sa kanila.

Sinalubong sila ng napaka cute na anghel. Literal na anghel itong naging daan upang tuluyang gumaling ang kaibigan, ang kanyang ina. She was surprised too dahil sa una nilang pag kikita ni Tamara ay hindi niya akalaing nanganak pala ito. Her figure didn't change a bit.

"Hey baby girl." Charlie cupped her chubby cheeks and kissed the girl's forehead.

"You look so pretty ninang." slang nitong sabi sa kanya. Nanatili kase ang bata sa amerika nang matagal.

"So is ninang Mandy." baling nito kay Amanda na naka tingin lang sa kanila. There's something in her eyes that makes her heart fall for her even more.
They never talked again about having a baby after her brutal honesty of not wanting to have one. But seeing Mandy's eyes looking at this angel makes her want to cry.
Her perceptions has changed. She wants to have a family with Amanda. She wants to see little angels looking exactly like them that are running around their house.

"Come here babe." Inabot ng dalaga ang kamay kay Amanda.

"Carry Elle and I will take pictures of you guys" kinarga naman ni Amanda ang bata. She smiles genuinely at the camera. Mahigpit ang yakap ng paslit sa kanyang leeg. The little girl even kissed Mandy on her cheek. Tuwang tuwa naman ang dalaga dahil nakunan iyon.

"You're already big Elle, and so beautiful too." baling ni Amanda rito. Humagikhik naman ang bata.

"When are you going to have a baby so I can have a kwa-laro?" natawa sila parehas sa sinabi ng bata.

"You'll have a playmate soon baby girl." kindat ni Charlie sa bata. Nang bumaling siya kay Amanda ay naka tulala ito. Marahil ay nagulat sa sinabi niya. Nilapitan niya ito nang tumakbo na palayo si Elois.

"You just give a false hope to Elle." sambit ni Amanda nang makalapit siya. Hinapit niya naman ito sa bewang.

"Who told you I'm giving false reassurance around?"

"Oh-" she stopped Amanda with a sweet kiss.

"Soon babe, soon."

"We can start later? How about that?"
Napatawa nalang ang dalaga sa tinuran ni Amanda. She embraced the older woman tightly.

Nagsimula na ang seremonya at parehas sila naluluha ni Amanda. Tamara and Al are exchanging vows. And their little daughter is staring at her parents with all the love in her eyes.

"You may now kiss each other and love each other forever." The judge said and they all clapped for the newly weds.

Charlie looked at her right, it's Mandy that she was staring all through out the ceremony. Naiilang na nga ito kanina sa paraan ng mga titig niya.
She just wanted to have Amanda all by herself. Damn she really miss her.

"I'll always love you Amanda, til next life and the next." Charlie held her face close to hers.

"I love you more baby."

"And our future babies." She chuckled before claiming her lips.
Mauuna pa ata silang mag honeymoon ni Amanda kesa sa dalawang bagong kasal.

Love is too beautiful to be left hidden forever.

End.