chapter 19: an electrifying punch

Sam's pov

I woke up with a jolt remembering the events of the dream. I got up from my bed, put dark clothes on, and changed how I looked. My false eye turned brown so now it was how it used to be. I changed my hair to be brown as it used to be. Then I pulled out a star shaped necklace with a lightning bolt engraved into it. Next to the necklace was an identical one but with glasses engraved into it, for papa. I put the necklace I grabbed on and tap it rhythmically as of saying "is anyone there?" And as soon as I finished a vibration came from it and in Morse code it said "Volt?". I had to reply, I tapped as I made my way through the shadows when I saw 4 familiar faces. "Hey pip" "SQUEEK! YOU'RE HERE!" said shadow Chica, who was originally Emily Hart nicknamed pip by me with me being squeak. "Yep I'm here, so any changes rxq?" "Nope nothing yet lols." "Alright and Fred?" "Some kid broke in and left wen he saw the whithered toy bonnie on the stage" "aye, but I found something troubling captain" "what is it?" "A man in a labcoat" shadow foxy said.y eyes widened and I asked "did you see his face?" "Aye, but had of it was covered" I looked saddened at this. Then I said "well if anything comes up tell me ok?" "I will squeak" "see ya guys!" I yelled out as I walked through the shadows and into the streets of hurricane. I began to walk making sure to see if any familiar scents came through. Then Cass spoke out "Hey someone's following you" "I know" I said, the familiar scent of burning coals wafted to my nose and my hopes were brought up. "Want me to deter the person following you?" "Yes please" I said as Cass floated to the man giggling. The figure turned around and just bolted as soon as they saw Cassidy. "What a wimp" I said as I began walking towards the smell to find a figure slumped over with what looked like a fluffy cat on their lap. "Well it seems Carolyn is still a sleepy head huh whits" I sad as the figure looked up at me as I smiled. "Volt, is that you?" "Uhh why is he calling you Volt sam?" Cass asked appearing out of nowhere. Whitty screamed waking up Carol who also screamed. "CALM DOWN she won't hurt you, she's with me" "BUT THATS A GHOST VOLT!" he said as my pupils began to light up telling me danger was near, and a familiar one to "There's someone else here" I stated in a panic. Then I saw the figure from above holding a pistol, so I glitched up there and held my scythe against the person's neck "not a nothwr move or I'll decapitate you" "You can't do shit to me kid" he said before I started laughing, as my faceplates rearranged themselves. "Oh its cute how you think I'm a kid" I said as I put a clawed hand on his shoulder, I know he looked down when he tensed and his hand shook. "Now put the gun away and nothing bad will happen" I said as a pistol is held against my head. I sighed, I recognized the figure as the cloud man that papa worked with "well if it isn't the cloud man" I said and I heard his breath stop for a second, "how do you know that nickname" he said as I turned around and he stepped back "hello again Mr. Updike" "b-but I thought you died" he said in fear, I just laughed as my body changed to be a grey color as grey tears fell from my eyes "I am dead" I said with an echoey voice. "Now I suggest you take this fucker and walk away before you anger me further" I said, he stood his drowns and even pulled the trigger accidentally hitting the other person on the roof killing them. I bit the inside of my cheek to make it bleed and my skin changed once again, but this time scales crept onto my face as 6 horns grew. I took my cloak off and the fame draconic figure loomed behind me. The fear in his eyes was amazing, then I heard the machine speak "why does he feel familiar" Then I inwardly spoke "his name is Updike" and as soon as I said that my eye began leaking ink as the machine began hyperventilating, I can't even give it a bag. "Uhh what's with the expression?" "A sentient ink machine is hyperventilating and I don't know what to do" I said as both of us just stood there. Whitty eventually made his way up here and wondered who I was until I spoke, then he retracted that question. When I saw whitty again the machine began screaming as more ink flowed from my right eye, my ears began to hurt and I crouched over, the ink on the ground forming into a humanoid figure as Carol poped her head out from the hood as the screams stopped and the ink flowed more and the figure became physical. I saw the face and cried, "papa?" I said he looked up as my form tuned back to the brunette form I had and he spoke out "sam?" Then Updike spoke "Ravenswood? I thought I shot you" and that sealed his fate, I grabbed my scythe as everyone in my glitch left me and stood back, my eyes slowly beign coves by the same ink that came out of my right eye. I began looking like a dragon version of my brother, so I moved the ink from my right eye and it was red. A permanent scoul imprinted itself on my face, I walked towards the cloud headed man and said in a sinister tone "GABRIEL UPDIKE" and everyone looked scared.

~in a black room, sam's shade pov~

I was viewing the tread of her sanity, it was close to breaking

I was viewing the tread of her sanity, it was close to breaking. But then I looked to my right and saw several symbols in chambers, only 3 were lit up.

Poison, Earth, Lightning, Acid, Shadows, Fire, Water, Light, and Wind.

Each one had a plaque saying what they do.

Acid: claws and fangs

Shadow: base form, scythe, and warping

Lighting: punch and orb

Poison: breath

Fire: fox tails

Wind: blade

Light: blinding and pole arm

Earth: golems

That's what there was, it was odd that they haven't been unlocked yet. I heard more breaking and looked back to see the thread snapping.

Sam's pov (Note this is before she meets Lori and Drake. They met in 2021, it's currently 2000)

"YOU!" I said darkly towards Henry, I could tell the others there were scared, but he did something to make me snap entirely. My fiancé holding Edgar and Angela. "W-what are you doing" I asked, he didn't answer and just threw them off, and without my knowledge, into diluted thinner. I heard their screams and felt my last tread SNAP.
"It seems we broke her. Let's go" Giovanni just nodded, I heard Updike ask if I was OK but all I did was make a chainsaw out of my own shadows. "YOU SEALED YOUR FATE"