Upcoming Events

When Katamina returned to school the following morning, many of the other students were shocked that her sight was completely gone.

Others either didn't care or knew about it all along.

Katamina expected pity and scorn, but many of her classmates shrugged it off and continued with their day after verifying her wellbeing.

Soon after the class started, Aizawa entered the room.

Katamina couldn't see him, but judging by the reactions of her classmates, she could only assume that his wounds hadn't fully healed yet.

"Shut up. You're too loud. As I was saying, we're going to be hosting a sports festival in a few weeks." Aizawa grumbled underneath his breath after saying so.

The class erupted in shouting after the students realized that it was a normal school event, but Izuku voiced his doubts.

"Right after the villain attack at the USJ, sir?"

"I understand your concerns, however, by going on with our usual routine, we are showing the public that we aren't going to hide from the villains. Security will be even tighter, and no-one gets in or out without admission."

Katamina raised her hand, "Question. How will I participate in the festival? Seeing as I'm... you know, blind?"

"You can still participate, though it is recommended that you sit out of this sports festival." Came the response, "It does mean you won't be scouted by pro heroes, though, so choose carefully."

Katamina nodded wordlessly as she lowered her hand.

"Any other questions? No? Then get on with your usual business, and don't wake me up."

A soft thud told Katamina that Aizawa had laid down to sleep.

As the period finished, however, Katamina opened the door to be met with a bunch of people outside the classroom.

"What the hell? Why're there so many people out here?" Katamina asked to no-one in particular, "You know, I kinda need to get past, so I'd appreciate if you would please move before I make you move."

The crowd parted around her as she strode down the hallway, until someone called her out, "Hey, aren't you the blind girl? How do you expect to get past the sports festival? Oh wait, you can't!"

Unbeknownst to the person who called her out, Katamina knew exactly where he was.

A blur, then Katamina was straddled on top of the blonde, with a knife pointed at his throat, "Even blind, I can locate you and hold a knife to your throat. Imagine what I can do with my sight. This is the difference between me and you, got it?"

Katamina stood up, flipped her knife in the air, caught it by the blade, and tossed it in the general direction of the cafeteria.

"Well, I'm gonna go now. So long, idiot. Don't judge people based on their apparent disabilities." She flipped off the student, "Oh, by the way, don't think I won't be able to identify you, I know exactly who you are, Neito Monoma."

As her body was replaced with her knife, the crowd stared on in shock.

The knife then slowly rose into the air and flew in the direction that Katamina initially threw her knife in.

Izuku rushed outside the classroom and apologized profusely to everyone standing there, then he chased after Katamina, leaving the crowd dumbfounded once again. Even Monoma, who was still on the ground, didn't react fast enough to call Izuku out.

...

As Izuku caught up to Katamina, who was somehow able to navigate herself through the cafeteria without bumping into anything or anyone, he grabbed her by the shoulder, "Katamina, you can't just threaten someone with a knife like that. It's not really fitting for a student of such a prestigious school as UA."

"The asshole deserved it. What kind of dickhead would just call someone out just because they're blind or quirkless? That's messed up, okay? Anyone in my position would want to kick his ass."

"Maybe not everyone. A lot less people would agree with you than you think. Statistically speaking, there's never really been a quirkless or disabled hero registered in the records. If they were somehow disabled in some way, it wasn't listed in the directory." Izuku sighed, sitting down after grabbing his and Katamina's food from Lunch Rush.

"And so what? Just because it hasn't happened before means it's impossible? 

"I mean, the way someone decides whether something is impossible or not is by checking whether it's happened before, so in the eyes of the public, yes, it is. I mean, we're going to prove them wrong, of course, but as far as they're concerned, yes."

Katamina remained silent, knowing Izuku was right.

"It's fine, let them run their mouths, we'll show them soon enough at the Sports Festival." Izuku said, patting Katamina on the shoulder.

"Which weapon are you going to bring? You're not going to be able to bring them all, are you?" Katamina asked, "I know you can fill out a petition to bring support gear, so long as it supports your quirk, but you're quirkless, so how does that work?"

Izuku laughed, "Yeah, I asked Mr. Aizawa about that, he said that I'm allowed to bring four pieces of equipment, one weapon among them."

"I guess that's reasonable, so which weapon? Your sniper rifle or your pistol?" Katamina asked, "Honestly, I'd bring the sniper rifle, simply because it packs more power, but your choice."

Izuku shook his head, "I'm not bringing any weapons."

Katamina stared at him, or where she last heard his voice, "Excuse me, what?"

"You heard me. I'm not bringing any weapons. Gear only. I'm bringing a set of retractable grappling hooks, a reusable flashbang, a flash visor, and a sonic grenade with earplugs." Izuku said, "I gotta prove to the pro heroes that I'm not just weapons, I can use non-offensive gear to attack enemies in case I get disarmed."

Katamina sighed, "Look, I get it, but at least bring your pistol."

Izuku stared at her, "You're not going to give up, are you?"

She shook her head, "Nope, not until you do."

Izuku kept his gaze on her for a few seconds longer, and eventually relented, "Fine, I guess I don't need the sonic grenade."

A/N: Welp, there we go. Izuku is going to using a lot of flashbangs. Sorry this took so long. I'm currently on summer vacation (Or summer holidays, your choice of words), and I've been playing a lot of Valorant.

Breach main. Used to main Yoru, but Breach is now my new favorite agent. He's actually ace material. In my hands, anyway. The only agent I've ever aced with is KAY/O, and I actually hate that agent so frickin much.

Anyways, if you enjoyed this chapter, consider voting and following for more. Peace out, everybody. Goodbye.

Timeless_95, signing out.