The Cavalry's Here!

It was a cavalry battle. 

The wheel landed on the words "Cavalry Battle".

Katamina couldn't see the words, but when Midnight announced it, she groaned as quietly as possible.

"How the fuck and I meant to identify the number of points on each headband?" She muttered, cursing whichever god that dictated this event.

As Midnight explained the rules, Katamina could feel the glares of her adversaries on the back of her head, drilling into her sense of danger.

She could sense that no-one around her wanted to be in her team except for three people.

Izuku Midoriya, Ochako Uraraka, and Mei Hatsume.

One because he's her brother, another because she's her friend. The third, however...

"Hey! You're Miss Ten-Million, right? If I join your team, everyone's eyes will be on my babies!"

Katamina slowly edged away, trying to steer clear of the crackhead in front of her.

No matter what she did, though, the hyperactive girl kept getting closer and closer, until the two of them were face-to-face.

"Come on! You want me on your team, right? Right?"

Eventually, Katamina gave up on trying to control Hatsume, and relented.

To which Hatsume immediately produced a bunch of support gear and machinations unknown.

"Alright, everyone listen up, because I'm only going to say this once. We don't need to fight the others for their headbands. All we need to do is run." Katamina said, "But none of this 'A win's a win' bullshit. If we're going to win, we're going to look good doing it."

Katamina turned to Izuku, "Brother, you're going to be the right leg, since it frees up your right hand to use your grapple. I'm going to be moving around a lot, so if I ever get close to the ground, catch me. "

Receiving a nod in response, she then turned to Uraraka, "Uraraka-san, if you can, make our gear lighter so we can move faster, your quirk doesn't really offer much utility other than that, so you should be the front leg."

And then... "Hatsume-san... supply us with your gear, and whatever you do, don't get in the way. What's your quirk, anyway?"

"Zoom! I can see very far distances!"

"Great. If you can identify the headbands and point them out for me, that'd be great. That being said, it would be a lot better if you are our front leg instead, so you can keep an eye out for everything. Uraraka-san, do you mind...?"

"That's fine."

"Great. We have our plan. Let's do this."

...

"Time's up! Get ready, and go!"

Katamina immediately lurched forwards to counter the inertia.

"Hatsume-san, where's our target?"

"..."

"Hatsume-san?"

"Over there, half-and-half rider."

'Todoroki-kun.' Katamina realized.

Scanning the battlefield, she realized that everyone was charging towards them, and grinned.

"Knives out."

Hurling eight knives into the air, Katamina spurred her horse forward on the battlefield, charging down the opposing general.