«prologue»

To my dearest,

To my dearest,

I have no clue how to do this, but I'm going to do it regardless.

Well to start, I've been observing you for two years now, around the campus. I never had the chance to approach you, because- well, I'm not like you. You and I are completely different. I know it sounds cliche, but you'll know once you find out who I am.

But today, I'm finally writing to tell you, how much I like seeing you on the grounds, and in the corridors talking to your friends. How much I like your hair when it's tied up in cute hairstyles whose names I don't know. Oh, how much I wish to run my fingers through your hair.

I know I'm not the only one. You have hundreds of admirers, but I'd like to be the only one. I'd like to call you mine, and show you off to others. I want to be the only one to talk to you till you fall asleep, comfort you when you're feeling down, take you to museum dates, and laugh until it hurts. I want to be the one to lift you and spin you around, the one to bring you the moon and all the joy the world has.

So tell me,

Would you give me a chance to know you better?

Your admirer,

N.

↷↷↷↷↷↷↷
author's note:

well, hi! thank you so much for giving my book a chance. i hadn't expected to start a new book in the middle of writing my others, but after getting this idea, i had to. this is a small story with no such drama... but if you know me, you know i love to make my characters suffer in the slow burn [wink, wink]. hoping this won't be more than twelve chapters long, but i can't say.

hope you have a nice time reading this :D

ps: i suggest reading in the reading mode [beige colour mode if i'm not wrong] for the aesthetic.

pps: [author from the future here] I hadn't added much thought to this, so the initial chapters might be a bit lame... but i promise it improves. it's worth it, i swear.