thirteen » third-wheeling

Yes, Yuna was right.

Accompanying Jungkook and Ara on a date was extremely awkward. Why?

Because Jungkook and Ara were practically glued together, walking and talking and laughing and doing all the things in the world while it took hardly fifteen minutes to go to the new arcade near their school.

And Yuna and Namjoon were walking closely behind them, total awkwardness between them. They were looking over at the youngers having fun. Well, why shouldn't they? It was their date after all. They were meant to have fun.

But Yuna was regretting coming with them, and Namjoon was grumbling about how they were supposed to reach the arcade fifteen minutes ago.

"Um, Namjoon," Yuna glanced over to the taller walking beside her, "Are you regretting coming here too?" she said, then quickly adding, "Not that I mind coming with you, but just—"

"I understand what you're trying to say," Namjoon nodded, "I am feeling bored. And arcades aren't even my cup of tea."

"Oh, same. What should we do now then? Guess we'll just have to accompany them."

Both Namjoon and Yuna look over to the youngers, who for the hundredth time that day were distracted. They were over to an old couples' stall where they are selling dalgona candies. They seem happy though, lost in their little world full of smiles. Yuna suddenly feels bad for being bored. But she didn't want to be the third wheel and bother them either.

"Or," Namjoon says, looking back at her, "We could go somewhere. Just the two of us."

↷↷↷↷↷↷↷

author's note: 

editing: hi, just wanna say i came back from a writing hiatus so my writing style has definitely changed and i bet you're gonna feel the difference (or not, ig?) but yeah, just that my vision for this book has changed so chapters might sound different than before. idk if it matters even, but i just wanted to put this out there.

anyway, love ya, x