twenty » disasters

One thing that Kim Seokjin loved to do was feed his guests with good food

One thing that Kim Seokjin loved to do was feed his guests with good food. But right now, it wasn't so sure. His kitchen was a mess, to say the least. And he did not appreciate it. At all.

Namjoon's guests — or rather, his guests now, were a good lot. They were nice and polite and respectful, something Seokjin being the oldest needed like oxygen to his soul. It took him around twenty minutes to convince them to stay over for dinner. As stated, Seokjin loved cooking and feeding others.

Firstly when he had started cooking with Namjoon helping him, it was chaos. Namjoon was panicking in every little way possible, almost dropping stuff in the process, which had ultimately angered Seokjin. Probably hearing the chaos, the guests walked in to offer their help, which Seokjin gladly accepted gladly, asking Namjoon to be a six feet's distance away from harm.

As far as Seokjin had noticed the youngsters, Ara and Jungkook who were at the rare end of the kitchen laughing and bickering about making a side dish. It didn't take Seokjin much time to put two and two together, and he chuckled looking over at the high schoolers in the early stage of their relationship being extremely clingy. Oh, how cute, Seokjin's heart would cry.

And as for his dongsaeng, Namjoon seemed quite comfortable with Yuna, whom Seokjin had guessed was the same age as Namjoon. They were laughing and preparing to boil the noodles while Seokjin was busy blanching the tomatoes. It was a weird combination, pork belly with spaghetti, and a mysterious side dish he had no clue about.

He turned off the flame of the induction after the tomatoes were blanched, cleaning up the mess beside him. In Seokjin's kitchen, cleanliness was first, cleanliness was second and safety was third. But being Namjoon present, his first and uttermost priority was safety, because Namjoon could probably stab someone to death just by being his clumsy self.

Yuna, the girl approached him, asking if she could help him since the noodles were boiling and her hands were free. Seokjin smiled at the girl and handed her some pork belly to cut into slabs so that he could grill it before cutting it into bite-sized pieces. She accepted it from him, thanking him and going back to her spot beside Namjoon, filling him in on how to operate the knife and cut precisely without any harm. Seokjin looked keenly at Namjoon who was totally engrossed in the way she was teaching her, mimicking her actions and asking questions. Seokjin could see how his brother's eyes lit up talking with her, and Seokjin silently smiled to himself, grabbing the now cool tomatoes to puree them.

***

Namjoon was happily gazing at Yuna, whose brows were furrowed, and her usually thin lips were pursed in a pout, making the plush of them visible. The apron which was way too big for her made her tiny frame look even tinier than she actually was. His vision shifted from her eyes to her skilled hands, cutting the meat precisely on the cutting board.

Namjoon felt like in a comic book when he could suddenly imagine flowers all around Yuna who was probably the female lead. He could practically envision her in a comic, and he bet she looked pretty there as well.