eighteen » females

Females were — are — a confusing species

Females were — are — a confusing species. That's what it is. They're confusing and extremely confusing and just...confusing.

Maybe only for Namjoon, he had thought. Maybe it's easy for people who have a way with the ladies. The "charmers". But no, Hoseok assured him that it's not. It's the same for every person who's not a female. In addition to that, every female is different, making it even more confusing. Female species were confusing in the past, are confusing, and will be confusing.

Sometimes, it's tough to understand what they're trying to metaphorically tell others through their actions. Oh scratch that, it's tough to understand them all the time, regardless. Seokjin had once told Namjoon if he correctly remembered, to just nod whenever a female says something. In a way, it's not extremely hard to understand them, but what if they wanted one to understand them differently than what they had understood? Namjoon sighed as he read over the latest note he had gotten from Arin. Thinking about how confusing things were, made him even more confused. He thought of going through everything that had happened in the last two months again.

Where to start? Oh yes, he thought, it was the day when Yoongi told Namjoon to quote-unquote "ball up" and ask her out.

"Yah! You're staring at her for the past hour. Goodness, you'll give me a headache. Are you even listening? Yah Kim Namjoon!"

Namjoon jumped in his place, totally startled by the commotion caused by the older. "Hyung what happe—" he said, rubbing a hand over the back of his neck just to be cut off by Yoongi,

"I know you're starved for love, you lovesick puppy, but give it a damn break for heavens' sake!" Yoongi grumbled from the seat beside him. Hoseok, who was sitting on the other side beside Namjoon, watched the commotion with a smile on his face. It was amusing to watch, to say the least.

"Wha — no hyung," Namjoon coughed to hide the stutter, "Ab-solutely not," he laughed nervously.

"First of all," Yoongi said, a scowl on his pale features, "Don't lie. You're terrible at lying. And second, just ball up and ask her out so that I won't have to suffer from this fucking lovesickness of yours."

"Who's her — there's n-no her hyung. Yeah...no one."

"I told you to stop lying, if I remember correctly," Yoongi snapped, "Just ball up and ask whoever your 'her' is on a date. Is it that hard?"

"Hyung—" Namjoon started defensively, just to be cut off by his other good friend, Hoseok,

"Ayy Joon, you're not in high school where you'll stare at someone you like. Go and talk, get to know her more, and then take her out on dates. And then you can ask her," he said, putting a hand on Namjoon's shoulder as moral support, "I know it seems hard, but gotta do it. Give it time, you don't have to ask her to get married tomorrow," Hoseok tried to crack up the joke to ease the tension in Namjoon, and Namjoon smiled faintly at the not-so-funny joke, looking over to the group of cheerleading girls in addition to ones who weren't cheerleaders (guessing from their attires) huddled together not far from where they were sitting on the bleachers.