2

"Turn right in 100 ft," My GPS said. I quickly turned the wheel and made a rushed turn onto a gravel drive. As I slowly rumbled along, I wondered if I was in the right place.

"Your destination is in 1/2 mile."

I bit my lip at I lowered my head and stared out my windshield, trying to scope out the set. A gloomy cloud hung overhead and I was nervous it was going to start raining. I looked out and suddenly saw a lot full of cars a good distance in front of me. I saw a man holding a hand out to stop me. He was wearing a neon vest and he looked pretty happy for someone standing out in the cold. I came to a slow stop next to him and rolled down my window, smiling.

"Hello Ma'am! How are you?" He asked. I chuckled.

"I'm good, how are you?" I asked. He seemed delighted at my question.

"Well I am just fantastic! But I'm afraid I have to ask you a few questions before you come on set today," he said, pulling out a sheet of paper. He pulled his head back to read the paper, probably due to poor eyesight.

"Now lets see...oh yes. What is your name and ID?" He asked, glancing back up at me. I smiled again and fished around my purse for my student ID. I was only 19 so I didn't have a real one yet other than my drivers license.

"Cleo Martin," I responded, handing him my card. He inspected it for a moment, then pulled out another paper and scanned through it. He flipped a page and I saw him mouthing along the names on it, probably searching for mine.

"Ah yes, here you are Miss Martin. An intern, how fun! You can park wherever. Have a nice day!" He said, ushering me forward. I smiled and rolled up my window, finding an empty parking spot near the back corner. I inspected my face in the car mirror, adding a new coat of lip-gloss and tucking my hair behind my ear.

"You got this," I said to myself as I took a deep breath and got out of the car. My sneakers crunched against the gravel of the parking lot as I noticed the large black tent. I walked towards it and checked my watch. It was 10:52. Perfect timing. I noticed a girl I recognized from my class, and started walking towards her. She looked lost.

"Hi," I said, walking to her. She looked up at me and I saw relief wash over her face.

"Hi, are you from Mr. Pratts internship too? I think I recognize you," she asked. I nodded and she offered a hand.

"I'm Lilia," she said, shaking my hand.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Cleo," I said. She smiled as we started talking.

"I wonder what we're supposed to do. I mean, is Mr. Pratt even coming?" She asked. I shrugged and scanned our surroundings.

"I'm not sure," I said. We both looked around for a while before I started thinking.

"Maybe we should go inside? Go find someone who's in charge and ask them what to do?" I asked. It didn't sound very professional but it was the best thing I could think to do. She nodded and we entered the tent. It was hot and I immediately wished I hadn't worn this sweater. It was dimly lit and there were people bustling around everywhere. I looked around for something to do. A woman with a headset on and an important look on her face saw us and walked over.

"Hello ladies, do you need any help?" She asked, putting out her hand to shake. I shook her hand quickly and then dropped it so Lilia could shake it.

"Hi, we're here on behalf of Michael Pratts New York University Internship and we just arrived," I explained. She nodded and smiled widely.

"Of course! Mr. Pratt is a great friend of mine. Follow me, I will give you your schedules."

Me and Lilia exchanged excited glances as we followed her down the row until she disappeared into a sectioned off room. We followed her in and saw a table with papers scattered around it. She clicked her tongue as she pulled out a paper and read it over. She handed it to Lilia and smiled at us again.

"Follow this schedule today. At 6:00 P.M., meet back here and I will tell you your plans for tomorrow and so on. I have to run ladies, see you later," She said. We waved goodbye as she exited. I leaned over Lilia's shoulder to read the paper.

"She was nicer than I thought anyone here would be," I said. Lilia chuckled.

"I know. I feel like everyone in the film business is terrifying," she said. I laughed and looked back down at the schedule.

"So looks like 11:15 is helping with the costumes. Nice," I said. Lilia looked excited and looked back up at me.

"How are you not freaking out about this?" She asked, bubbly. I furrowed my brows.

"Why would I be freaking out?" I asked. She widened her eyes.

"Do you know whos acting in this movie?" She asked. I shrugged.

"No, probably no one I've heard of," I said. She shook her head quickly.

"Emma Watson, Florence Pugh, Saoirse, Laura Dern, Timothee freaking Chalamet!" She said. I widened my eyes with hers and she laughed at my reaction.

"For real? I thought this was some weird movie nobodies ever going to see! This is like..for real!" I said, suddenly nervous.

"I know right! Do you think we'll get to meet them?" She asked. I let out a laugh through my nose.

"I wish but I doubt some interns and A-list celebs are going to cross paths," I said. She pouted but the fact that we were working on this movie made her chipper again.

"Let's go find the costume room," She said. I nodded and we left the room, hoping to be some sort of useful.