10

Hi guys! A little A/N as we reach chapter 10! I just want to say btw I do not proofread these before I post them so it's basically a free write and then post once I get to 1500-2000 words so sorry if there's spelling or grammar errors. Thank you so much for reading it means a lot to me, and don't forget to comment feedback or ideas for this story!

The day dragged on without a single sign of Timothee anywhere. The sweatshirt was the only thing that kept me sane, reminding myself that it wasn't all a dream. After I had found Lilia she had badgered me with questions all day, but my mind was too far away to answer most of them. Finally, the clock hit 6:00. I sighed as I grabbed my small backpack I had brought, tossing it over one shoulder and grabbing my keys. I exited the tent, the white light of fresh fallen snow surprising me. I looked up, which was a mistake. A flake fell into my eyelid and I tried my best to brush it out. My corner parking spot wasn't sounding so good now. I pulled up my hood and dragged my feet through the inch-high snow, flakes gathering in my eyelashes and in my hair. My face was a rosy pink from the cold.

I jumped into my car, immediately starting the engine. I switched on the heater and waited for the warm air to blow through, placing my hands above the vents. My phone dinged in my pocket and I picked it up.

T: You still have my sweatshirt?

I bit my lip and nervously tapped. Did he expect me to give it back today?

me: yeah, when do you want it back?

I switched on my radio to help with the overpowering sound of the vents and waited for his response

"Watermelon sugar.." I hummed. My phone buzzed and I took a breath before opening the message.

T: nah, you can keep it

T: you've gotta pay me back though

I was a broke college student. How would I possibly pay him back. I quickly twisted my head around to check the tag, finding that it was just Nike. At least it's not Gucci or something ridiculous. I'm talking to Timothee Chalamet here.

me: ofc, how much?

I felt the warm breeze of my heaters brush on my cheeks and pulled out of the parking lot. I had put my duffels back in my car and I was headed back to New York. I tapped my hand on the steering wheel with the beat of some pop song, anxiously glancing over to my dark phone screen. Obviously I didn't want to text and drive, so I managed to keep myself away from it.

About an hour in, I pulled over to a gas station. As I got out of the car, I grabbed my phone. I clicked the chat and sure enough there was a new message.

T: get coffee with me sometime?

I widened my eyes. Was he seriously asking me to coffee? I filled my gas tank as I thought of a response. Finally I finished and I hopped back into my seat.

me: of course

I backspaced and didn't send it

me: definetly

I shook my head and backspaced it as well. How do you even respond to that?

me: i would love to

I sent it without a second thought, trying to keep the topic off my mind. I drove back to my dorm, nerves in my stomach the entire way.

When I finally entered my dorm, I quickly dropped my bags on the ground and collapsed onto my bed. It had been a long day, and the sky was already extremely dark. My stomach rumbled as I realized I hadn't eaten since the salad at lunch, and I slowly pulled myself up to find something. I trudged to the mini-fridge and rummaged through it, unsatisfied with the options but eventually pulling out a boxed up sandwich from a couple days ago. I scrolled through my phone, my nerves starting up again as I realized Timothèe hadn't even texted me back yet. I put my phone down on the bed next to me as I took my sandwich out, falling onto my blankets. I put down all my electronics as I stared into the dark of the room, my mind wandering and my stomach feeling uneasy. A light flashed and I felt a swarm of butterflies. I slowly turned over and checked my phone, my breath catching in my throat as I saw who the notification was from. I wasn't sure why I was so nervous about it all of a sudden, but the heavy thrumming of my heartbeat proved Timothèe wasn't just a casual friend to me.

T: great, u free tmrw?

I waited a couple of minutes to respond, trying not to come off as creepy. I sent another message confirming and asking where we would go. I was surprised as my phone quickly dinged with a response.

After only a couple minutes and a quick conversation, our "date" was set. I tried to keep it out of my mind to avoid getting my hopes up, but it pressed against my brain like ice in a jar. I kicked my feet in the air, squealing like a little girl. I couldn't help but let the smile overtake my face. I was hanging out with Timothèe chalamet tomorrow.