17

New Years. A time for new beginnings and stupid resolutions no one ever truly fulfills. It was December of 2018, yet I never did like the odd years for some reason. 2019 seemed bland to say, like leaving a sentence unfinished or letting your food get cold. I guess I was looking forward to getting more filming opportunities. This internship was bound to get my resume spoofed up, but my heart always started pounding a bit faster whenever I thought about my future.

Bzz

I picked up my phone from the cold bathroom countertop. 

T.: I'll pick you up at 7 :)

I took a deep breath and tucked a hair behind my ear. I sent back a quick thumbs-up before putting my phone down again, carefully dragging my mascara wand through my eyelashes. I had googled the club we were going to and realized it would be more of a neon lights dance club kind of thing. I got out one of my party dresses and a cute sweater on top. It was still December, anyway. The dress was black and tight, but with a small frill lining the bottom and short sleeves that were tight on my arms. For my hair, I just used a blow-dryer for volume. After being satisfied with my look, I grabbed one of my jackets and threw it over my shoulders. It was 6:50 and I realized I should probably get going. I slipped my phone and keys into my pocket, with some cash in case I got hungry. After one final look in the mirror, I was ready to go. Jasmine was at a big party most people I knew were going to, but it wasn't my crowd. It was nice to be able to get ready in silence, too many noises or people make me stressed. I put on some low heels and left my dorm, locking it behind me. 

I left my building, the cold air biting at my nose. It was 6:57 now, so I assumed Timothee would have been here. I squinted my eyes and scoured around, pulling my jacket tighter against my frame. 

"Hey," I heard someone say from behind me. I quickly spun around but was thankful to find that I was face to face with Timothee. He grinned and watched as my face went from scared to smile.

"Sorry, didn't mean to scare you," He apologized. I laughed.

"It's fine," I said. A sudden gust of wind made me shiver.

"Are you cold?" He asked me as we started walking.

"No, I'm used to it," I said. I breathed out through my mouth and watched as the cloud of condensation escaped my lips. I saw through my peripheral vision as he grinned again.

"You should've brought my sweatshirt," He said. I laughed and playfully hit him.

"Remind me to give it back to you sometime," I said. He shook his head.

"It's yours now! Keep it," He said. I just laughed and shook my head as well, continuing walking until our footsteps fell in sync. We fell into a comfortable silence for a bit, watching the lights from buildings shine onto the sidewalk and the long-gone sun leave behind its twilight mark.

"When do you guys finish filming?" I suddenly asked him. He scrunched up his face and thought.

"Probably soon. We're a bit behind schedule but definitely within the next couple of weeks," He said. I smiled.

"That's good, then it's just award shows and interviews after that, right?" I said. He laughed.

"Yeah, sure," He said. I laughed along with him.