16

There wasn't much to described what else happened that night. We partied, I danced, the usual I guess. We lived it up as college girls. When we both finally got back to Lilias dorm at around 3 am, we collapsed onto the bed and almost fell asleep as soon as our legs gave out.

"Wait.." I mumbled.

"What?" Lilia asked through her pillow. She kicked her heels noisily onto the ground and curled into a ball.

"We need to do our skincare," I said slowly. She groaned loudly and put her hands angrily in her hair. I sluggishly walked to her bathroom, finding some cheap makeup wipes to use and random face wash. I did both and finished right as she walked in.

"I'm stealing your clothes," I said. She gestured me away with her hand as she splashed water onto her face. I rummaged through her drawers until I found a graphic tee shirt and some athletic shorts. I was channeling adam Sandler tonight, and that's okay. I crawled onto the floor and pulled one of her decorative blankets over me, falling asleep immediately. 

The next morning I woke up to my phone going off loudly. It was a phone call. I didn't bother checking the caller ID and answered it groggily.

"Hello?" I asked. My head pounded and I squeezed my eyes shut, slowly sitting up.

"Cleo." A monotone voice sounded from the other line. My eyes flew open as I realized it was my mother.

"Oh. Hey, what's going on?" I asked. 

"Just checking in. Can't I do that as your mother?" She asked. I ignored her antics.

"Yeah, I'm good. Hope you had a good Christmas," I said, running a hand through my hair.

"I did, thank you. Your brother sent me a letter by the way." I raised my eyebrows, surprised.

"Really? We haven't heard from him in years," I said, standing up now and grabbing my clothes from last night.

"I know. He said he wanted to come to visit. I'd like for you to come."

"Sure. When?"

"The day after New Year. At home, so you'd need to come back to Connecticut." She said. This worked out pretty nicely for me.

"Yeah, that works great. I'm working down there that week anyway so I can have dinner or something with you guys," I said. I might be imagining it but I thought I heard her smile.

"See you then." And without another sentence, she hung up. I furrowed my brows and reflected on the phone call as I walked out of Lilias dorm building to mine. The cold air bit at my nearly bare legs and I probably looked crazy, holding a pair of heels in my hand and slippers on my feet. My head still throbbed and all that sounded good right now was a warm cup of tea and my favorite blanket. I finally got to my dorm, and I practically slammed the door when I got inside. I was surprised to see a figure already there, laying on the bed. The room was dark so I didn't see much.

"Jasmine?" I whispered loudly. My heart pounded. I flicked the light switch on and was extremely relieved to see my roommate, Jasmine, laying in bed with an annoyed expression. 

"Sorry," I whispered as I turned the light back off. I grabbed some clothes from my closet and closed myself in the bathroom to take a long shower, washing away the griminess I always felt the morning after I went partying. 

Time passed and I felt well washed and rested. As I lay in bed, scrolling through my phone, my mind went back to Timothee. If we don't run into each other again, then the next time I would see him would be in 5 days, including today. Not that I was counting or anything. I opened up our chat again and scrolled through, a smile stuck to my face as I reread everything he sent. He made my heart beat faster, and I wasn't sure how to feel about it. I just knew I was looking forward to New Years.