24

Timothèe left, deserting Lilia and I back at the table.
"I could feel the sparks, Cleo. I literally felt them," She said, widening her eyes and gesturing to the air around us with her hands. I just rolled my eyes.

"You're psychopathic," I said, through light laughter. She just smiled as we continued unloading the boxes.

--

We finished about a half hour later. It took much longer than I had anticipated. Despite the freezing air around us, I wiped a beat of sweat off my forehead. Timothèe had gone into the house a while ago, to film his scenes. I realized I probably wouldn't be seeing much more of him today. With a forlorn glance towards the large wooden front door, I carried my pitiful folded boxes to the recycle. Lilia and I trudged through the snow, the snow leaving my feet cold and my shoes saturated with water.

"What's next?" I asked, out of breath from the simple venture. Lilia sighed deeply and pulled out the sheet of paper from her pocket. She blew into one of her hands to keep it from numbing. 

"Uhhhh. Costuming." She said. Her head rolled back and she let out a groan. I laughed loudly, feeling exactly the same way.

"Maybe they'll let us off today. What more do they need from us in costuming, anyway?" She asked. I shrugged.

"You're right, but if we want to not get absolutely obliterated by professor Pratt when someone tells him we skipped one of our jobs because we didn't want to do it, we should probably go," I said. Lilia rolled her eyes but reluctantly followed me. 

We reached the tent in no time. It was much easier to walk back when you weren't carrying several pounds of lightbulbs and cameras and whatnot. 

"Damn. This is the most exercise I've had in years," Lilia said. I snorted and walked inside, the rush from the warm air inside an instant. Continuing inside, I took a deep breath and headed to costuming, Lilia at my side.

As we walked inside, I was shocked by the busy atmosphere. People were running around everywhere, fabric swatches and dresses in hand.

"Oh no. We're not going to be extras again, are we?" Lilia asked desperately. 

"God, I hope not," I responded. 

"Ladies! Over here!" A woman yelled slightly above the noise. I recognized her as one of the main designers, and with a breath of uncertainty, Lilia and I walked over. 

"Now, we have a very special guest in here today. Jacqueline herself has decided to come in and see her designs in action. I need you, girls, to shadow her, kind of ask her if she needs anything, and get it for her immediately, okay?" She asked. 

Lilia and I exchanged nervous glances once again. 

"Yes ma'am," I responded. She smiled at us and nodded, giving us another once-over. After an awkward moment, she whisked away, leaving us with the strong scent of her luxury French perfume. I turned to Lilia, panic evident in both of our eyes.

"Who on earth is Jaqueline?" She asked, exasperated.

"I have no idea," I responded.

We didn't have much time to look around, because a commotion started near the door. I turned quickly to see a kind-faced woman with a long black dress walk in. She was accompanied by the woman who had just left us, and a devastatingly familiar face.