11

I finished smoothing down my outfit, sucking in a deep breath. I had gone with a white knitted sweater and some plain jeans. I left my hair down and added minimal makeup, hoping to not come across as a try-hard. I checked my phone and noted that it was past the time to leave. I hadn't gotten any new texts from Timothee yet, so I crossed my fingers that he would show.

The rush of cold air hit my face turning it a rosy red as I stepped onto the sidewalk. Double checking the time, I realized that I was running a bit late. I sucked in a sharp breath and cursed quietly, picking up my pace to quick strides. It wasn't long before I paused outside the small shop, quickly checking the time and opening the door. It was nestled onto a busy street, near the center of the city. People in business attire and expensive phones pressed to their ears breezed by me and I quickly entered the warm cafe. I felt my fingers slowly begin to thaw from the temperature change and as the door closed behind me, I scanned the room. Nobody looked up, for which I was thankful. The bells that had announced my arrival quieted down quickly and I wasted no time trying to find Timothèe. I squinted, my eyes not used to the change in light. Suddenly, I noticed a curly head of hair lonesomely stirring a cup with a spoon at a petite table that was hidden in the corner.

I felt a small smile creep across my face as I casually walked over, sliding into the chair across from him. He looked up quickly and I thought I saw his face relax as he saw me.

"Sorry I'm late, I hope you weren't waiting long," I said apologetically. He gave me a grin, waving it off with his hand.

"Not at all. I got here early so I didn't expect you to be here anyways," he said. I smiled as he put down his spoon, gently clicking it against the mug to get off the liquid as he set it down on the small plate below. I peered into his cup. I barely knew anything about coffee considering I rarely drink it, but it seemed to be something simple. He noticed my watchful eyes.

"Are you going to get anything?" He asked. I tried to keep my cheeks from turning red as I realized I had gone silent and spaced out at his drink.

"Uhm. Yes. Probably just a scone or something, Im not a huge coffee fan," I said, easing into my seat. This caused him to raise a questionable brow.

"You don't drink coffee?" He asked. I broke our eye contact and looked down at my hands that were resting on the table, nervously chuckling.

"I mean I'll drink it when I'm tired, but honestly I guess it's just...plain to me," I said, curling my top lip into a shy smile. He shook his head, laughing.

"No. Try this," he said, pushing out his mug to me. I shook my head.

"I'm telling you, I won't like it," I said.

"Just a sip?" He asked me. I met his eyes and they were wide, a confident smirk on his lips. I sighed and gave in. How on earth could I say no to Timothèe Chalamet? I wrapped my cold fingers around the handle, placing the other hand on the side. I pulled it slowly to my lips, keeping eye contact with Timothèe at the same time. He kept the same smirk on his face, waiting for my reaction. When the warm liquid hit my lips, I raised my eyebrows in surprise. I broke eye contact to look down, changing my expression to one of contemplation. I brought it quickly back to the table, licking my lips to get any excess. I heard a low chuckle from him across the table, and flicked my eyes up to look.

"It's good, isn't it."

I didn't want to admit it, but it was.

"Hmm," I hummed, sliding the drink back to him. He looked amused. I paused for a moment before speaking again.

"It's better than I expected," I admitted, the smile creeping back onto my lips.

"Better than you expected," he repeated to himself, leaning forward. I just nodded.