18

The night progressed and fortunately, it turned out a couple of my friends were also here. Not many, but I did chat with Melanie for a solid fifteen minutes when I found her on the dance floor. I met a boy my age named Will. We hung out for a long time, sitting in the corner and downing too many virgin drinks from the bar. Timothee found me and asked me to meet some of his friends, but not before I got Wills's number. Thankfully a cute guy had come and taken my spot and I saw them flirting. I met some more of Timothee's friends, and it wasn't a surprise that they were also pretty famous. I became friends with a girl named Luisa and Timothee left me alone for a bit as we chatted.

Soon, it was 11:47. I bid goodbye to Luisa and found Timothee, who was talking to Scott again at the bar. I didn't want to interrupt so I walked to the ledge adjacent, looking over again from the same spot as before. I spotted some of the people I'd just met and people who were just now coming in. I stayed as a peaceful observer for a couple of minutes. Soon, I felt an arm around my shoulder. I turned my head in amusement as saw Timothee's face next to mine. He seemed a bit tipsy but he hadn't strayed too far from soberness.

"How's your night going?" He asked. I smiled.

"Great, actually," I responded. "What about you?"

"Pretty good," He responded. He yawned.

"Tired?" I asked. He laughed.

"A bit."

"Me too," I said. I let my eyes slowly drift for a second before opening them wide again.

"Ten minutes," I said, reading the golden clock.

"Dang," Timothee said.

"Want to watch it from here?" I asked. He nodded.

"Yeah, but we've got to stay in this spot. It's gonna get crowded up here very soon," He said, looking around the room. I held the railing.

He was right, soon it was so crowded that I could barely move. I was squished up next to Timothee, but I didn't mind. We swayed with the music and I heard him loosely singing along, slurring the words and not caring. A couple of his friends were next to us, and I saw Luisa a couple of people down. I danced randomly to the music, swaying my head with my eyes closed. Timothee was behind me, his head rising a good distance above mine. My hands rested on the rails with his right next to them, on the outside. Very soon, it was time for the countdown. He came next to me and put an arm on my shoulder, talking with Scott for a second who had found his way next to us, and fist-bumping Pete while he was on his way somewhere else.

"10! 9! 8!," The crowd chanted. I smiled and chanted along with.

"7! 6! 5!" I heard Timothee's voice above all others.

"4!" He suddenly pulled away and I felt him looking at me.

"3! 2! 1!" The crowd exploded as the music dropped and the time set to 0. I turned to Timothee and laughed, feeling the excitement practically vibrate through the air. My energy was at one hundred right now, and I saw everyone around us celebrating.

"Cleo," He said, the name echoing in my ears as I focused singularly on him. I noticed how close we were, and how serious his expression was. I furrowed my eyebrows to question it, but before I knew it, he had a hand on my cheek and he was pulling me in.

+++

The moment our lips touched it felt like the fourth of July. Fireworks created from the powerful mix of passion exploded in my brain, tingled in my lips, extreme in every sense. The move took me by surprise, but it only took me a second to realize what he was doing and to realize I wanted it. Our lips melted together like candle wax and all I felt was pure bliss. I had unconsciously moved my hands to his back, and soon he placed his other hand on the opposite side of my face. His thumb created circles on my cheek, making my heart beat at a million miles an hour. I knew he probably tasted on my tongue the twelve Shirley temples I'd downed tonight and maybe even the vodka shot Will had stolen for me only a little while ago. My mind was empty, the only thing remaining was what was happening at the moment. His curls tickled my forehead, making me slightly smile into the kiss.

Soon, as all great things do, it all came to an end. We pulled away seamlessly and in agreement, quickly catching our breath. He smelled like faint cologne and somehow tasted like an espresso martini.

"Was this your plan all along?" I asked, smiling. He grinned.

"Maybe."

A/N: Chapter 18! First Kiss! I didn't realize how much of a slow burn this was until I thought about that..sorry! leave comments and don't forget to vote! ty for reading!