3

I wiped a bead of sweat off my forehead. It was 12:00 now, meaning we had to move on to our next job on the schedule. Who knew that making fabric swatches could be so tiring. We basically got shooed into another room with tons of fabric and told to make 3x3 squares of fabric for each, hot gluing them to some cardboard. I brushed my messy hair away from my eyes as we walked to the food table for our next job. A distressed man stood in front of it and as he saw us coming he met us quickly.

"Are you the interns?" He asked. We nodded quickly as he grabbed our shoulders desperately.

"We're out of croissants, we need croissants," he said. We had around an hour for this job, so me and Lilia exchanged glances.

"We can go to the store and get some more," I offered. He looked at me like I was angel coming down to save him.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you," He repeated, running a hand through his hair.

"There's a Wegman's in a couple miles, I guess that'll do. Also, while you're there, could you get some more milk? Just like, 2 or 3 cartons. Oh, and get like 30 croissants please. Here's some money," He said, shoving a couple hundreds into our hands. he shooed us away with his hands as me and Lilia left the large tent and towards the parking lot.

"We can take my car," I offered. She nodded and we hopped in.

"So 30 croissants? and 2 or 3 cartons of milk?" She asked. I nodded.

"I think," I said. She nodded too as she inspected the wad of cash he had given us. There was a solid 300 or 400 dollars in there. I started the engine and we drove down to the store.

It was a couple hours later and it was safe to say I was exhausted. I guess they got a couple of scenes in, but we didn't get to see anything. It was around 4:00 now, and I was tired thinking about how we still had two hours to go. Me and Lilia were making our way to our next job, working behind the cameras.

"Ok, there's no way we're going to be working on watching the cameras and not seeing any filming," Lilia said, excited. I grinned.

"Don't get your hopes up. You said the same thing about makeup," I said. Makeup proved to be similar to the costumes, trying to find good matches for their skin tones. At least we got to stare at pictures of the cast for an hour. Lilia pulled the cloth back to the room labeled, "Tech," We walked in and saw a couple men surrounding a computer. They noticed us enter and one stood up.

"Are you the interns?" He asked. We nodded in sync and he looked bored.

"Kay. You guys can go out with us when we go shoot the scene in a couple minutes. Just stand behind and hold our stuff," He said. What a welcoming person. Me and Lilia stood awkwardly in the back for a while as they talked, until everyone stood up and grabbed some cameras.

"Hey, interns, grab those two camera stands over there," one said. We grabbed the large poles and managed to follow them in a stumble as we walked outside. There was a nice change in the air rather than the stuffy environment inside the tent. After what felt like eternity, we finally reached the place and everyone put down their things. Some of the camera guys grabbed the poles from us and set everything up.

"Could you guys get us coffee. Just black. 6 cups." One of them said. Me and Lilia nodded and hurried out to the snack table, attempting balancing the cups in our arms.

"Waitressing is not my strong suit," I admitted as I attempted to hold the third cup of coffee in between my elbow.

"Me eith-" Lilia started to say, but she stopped midsentence. I looked up at her and she was looking behind me, looking empty headed. I furrowed my brows but I didn't want to turn around in fear of spilling my coffee.

"You guys need help?" A man said. I shook my head.

"Nope, we're-" I said. I was cut off as I wobbled and almost spilled the coffee down my front as the man held my shoulders and put me steady. I was embarrassed and looked down at the ground.

"Sorry, I mean thanks, I mean..yeah," I said. I brought my eyes up to look at who it was.

It was Timothee Chalamet.