𝔾irls' day, with Sparky

"Come on, Nicki! Just try again." Thalia's voice sounded just as frustrated as Nicki felt.

The younger girl was sprawled on the arena floor, sand clung to her sweaty body as she panted. Dust and dirt coated her from each time she'd fallen. Thalia stood 5 feet away, her spearing hanging lazily in her grip.

This was the second day in a row of Nicki being humiliated in hand to hand combat with the teenager.

The daughter of Zeus winced slightly as Nicki wiped a trail of blood leaking from her nose, leaving a smear across her face.

Nicki struggled to her feet. Her grip tightened on the void coloured sword in her grasp. Chiron had delivered to the girl before she left the Big House the day prior. Hecate had passed the gift to the centaur, asking him to ensure Nicki was trained to use it. This request led to Nicki's current predicament.

"New rule," Nicki breathed, trying to catch her breath, "Powers are allowed." Thalia opened her mouth to refuse, worried she'd severely injure Nicki. "Unless you're too scared?"

Thalia grinned back at the girl. "You're on. Yell red if you need to stop."

"Oh, I won't need to." Nicki scoffed, wiping her nose again.

"Trash talking are we?"

Nicki shrugged, mimicking Thalia's movements as the pair began circling each other. "Just needed to kill time."

A smirk snuck onto Nicki's face before the witch waved her free hand. Thalia bit back a yell as the arena dissolved before her very eyes, leaving her standing in pitch darkness. She stumbled backwards holding her spear out protectively.

"Using the mist doesn't scare me," Thalia spoke clearly into the darkness, her limited control of the mist allowing her to push through it. The blackness faded around her feet, granting her a little more vision.

"Never said it did." Nicki's voice wafted toward Thalia's left ear. Thalia automatically sent an arc of electric energy in the direction of Nicki's voice. "You missed." This time Nicki's voice reached Thalia's right ear.

Thalia spun on her heel, small blue static radiating off of her. "Rather cowardly of you to hide through the mist, Ash." Thalia's voice was taunting, hoping to play to the girl's weaknesses.

"Just playing to my strengths, Sparky." Nicki's voice had a similar laugh to it as it swapped between directions.

Thalia had enough. With a swift motion, she sent a stream of electric energy out from her. Nicki yelled as she was hit, the mist falling with her.

Thalia smirked as she was finally able to see the girl who was on her knees in front of her. "Not so confident now, are you?"

Nicki laughed at Thalia, her eyes completely overtaken by a hurricane-like storming purple. The older girl raised her spear, sending it arcing through the air toward Nicki. Thalia had aimed it so all it would do was catch the top of her shoulder, leaving a small cut.

Just as the spear was about to make its mark, Nicki disappeared.

"Incantare Stulti Carcer." The spell came from behind Thalia. The black-haired girl barely had time to face Nicki before snaking trails of purple encircled her legs. Thalia tried to move as the magic disappeared from the air but found herself unable to move her legs.

"Hey!" Thalia scowled, attempting to fire a bolt of electric energy at Nicki.

"Incantare tutus." Nicki grinned, a small purple shield bouncing the electricity away from her. In one swift movement, Nicki lunged at Thalia, knocking the girl to the floor.