𝕎inter Swimming

Butch handled the reins at the front of the chariot, Annabeth beside him, and the newly-found demigods at the back of the chariot.

Nicki sat with her knees under her chin on the floor, her head resting on Ethan's shoulder beside her.

"I never picked up their names," Nicki whispered to Ethan. Shrugging Ethan looked up at Annabeth and mouthed something.

"Annie's got it under control."

"This is so cool!" Leo yelled, spitting one of Blackjack's feathers out of his mouth, "Where are we going?"

"A safe place, Leo," Annabeth told him. "The only safe place for kids like us. Camp Half-Blood."

Nicki nodded. "Leo."

Nodding alongside her, Ethan smiled. "Okay, one down, two to go."

"Half-Blood? Is that some kind of bad joke?" Piper was immediately defensive.

"She means we're demigods, Piper" Jason supplied. "Half god, half-mortal."

"Piper," Ethan whispered back to Nicki. "Two down, one to go."

Annabeth looked back at Jason, and Nicki peeled one eye open to focus on him, "You seem to know a lot, Jason. But, yes, demigods. My mom is Athena, the goddess of wisdom. Nicki is the only daughter of Hecate." Nicki wiggled her fingers in a half-hearted wave. "That one there is Ethan, son of Nemesis. Butch here is the son of Iris, the rainbow goddess."

Leo choked, "Your mom is a rainbow goddess?"

Nicki sniggered under her breath at the curly-haired boy, earning her a sharp kick in the back from Butch. "Got a problem with that?"

"No, no," Leo defended his words. "Rainbows. Very macho."

"Butch is our best equestrian," Annabeth explained while Nicki rubbed her back dejectedly. "He gets along great with the pegasi."

"He kicks like a horse," Nicki muttered.

With a laugh, Ethan pressed a soft kiss to her forehead. "And you smell like one." He spoke under his breath so no one else could hear him. Nicki slapped his arm. "I'm just stating facts."

"Isn't it past your bedtime?" Butch smirked cheekily at Nicki.

Returning her head to its original position leaning on Ethan, Nicki shot an obscene gesture in Butch's direction. "I don't like you."

"That's a lie."

"Rainbows, ponies," Leo muttered, interrupting them.

"I'm gonna toss you off this chariot," Butch warned the younger boy and the three seasoned demigods stifled a laugh at Leo's frightened look.

Piper nudged Leo in an attempt to be subtle. "I thought they said she was dating this Percy guy." Her voice was hushed, but Nicki still heard her over the rushing winds.

"I am." The girl muttered, her face buried into Ethan's shoulder. "This is my emotional support Ethan."

The older boy nodded approvingly at Nicki's statement, causing Piper to frown. She looked between Nicki and Ethan, Annabeth, and Butch in confusion. Each of the demigods showed the same affirming expression.

"Your emotional support Ethan?"

"Only when her emotional support Thalia isn't around." He clarified. "Nicki likes her better."

Nicki crossed her arms over her chest. "As I should. Sparky is amazing."

Mouthing something at Piper that Nicki couldn't quite see earned Ethan a harsh slap to the chest. "Yes, alright. Thalia is great, calm down slapper."