𝕂-i-s-s-i-n-g

A week after the summer campers had left, Camp Half-Blood fell into a content routine. Nicki and Ethan had moved out of the Hermes Cabin and into the Nemesis and Hecate cabins, respectfully, much to the Hermes kids' disappointment.

The Hecate cabin stood proudly in between the Hades and Nemesis cabins. The dark wood cabin looked gorgeous in the moonlight, the inscribed stones shown magically in the darkness, lighting up the cabin entrance.

The cabin walls were dark oak wood but coupled with the bright blue monkshood plants that poked out of the windowsill pots, it gave the cabin a welcoming glow.

Unusually, the Hecate cabin had a small porch, decorated with comfortable loveseats. Two Greek flames torches were on the platform steps leading up to the soft red doorway.

In each window, soft red lace curtains were seen in the cabin. Through the window, you could vaguely make out what looked to be Nicki's sitting room, but something stopped you from being able to focus your eyes on it.

Nicki's bedroom sat on top of a loft, the size of half of the cabin. She had a queen-sized bed, something Annabeth took great delight in using as an excuse to sleep in Nicki's cabin with her, a lot. Beside her bed were two bedside tables, the drawers in them overflowing with memories. A large dark oak wardrobe stood at the far side of the loft.

Also on the loft floor, were a handful of beanbags and shelves for books and trinkets. Her railings allowed her to look over the edge of her loft room down onto the room below.

On the ground floor, to the right-hand side of the entrance was a lounge area for the campers, complete with more beanbags, couches, a coffee table and a large pile of games (courtesy of George and Marilyn's care packages.)

On the left-hand side, was a workspace. A desk — complete with a large roller chair, a bookshelf littered with school books, folders and sheets, and a whiteboard — was haphazardly arranged in the corner.

Opposite the main door, was a thin door, which lead to the girl's bathroom. The room stretched the entire width of the cabin, a third of Nicki's loft, keeping the shape consistent. One end of the room hosted the toilet and the sink, including a press for Nicki's hygiene products. Directly opposite the door was a large full-size mirror, filling the room from floor to ceiling.

Finally, on the other end of the room, a state of the art walk-in shower. After an intense training session, she was more than free to relish in the hot streams of water.

"Good morning!"

Nicki groaned, vaguely throwing a pillow in the direction of the voice. "Five more minutes."

"Five more hours," Annabeth said, her voice muffled by the pillow she was sticking her face into.

"Nope." Ethan wrestled with the duvet. "Get up, Nicki Kate Driscoll!"

Nicki sighed, still hidden under the blanket. "I cannot believe you just called me by my full name."

Ethan stopped fighting with the duvet and crossed his arms. He tapped his foot against the hardwood floor impatiently. "Phoenix Driscoll, you have three seconds."

"Why aren't you harassing Annabeth?"

"Three..."

"Oh, for Hades' sake."

"Two... Don't make me say one."

Nicki scowled but crawled out of bed nonetheless. She crossed her arms over her tattered, Tampa Bay Rays PJ hoodie (that she had not stolen from Travis). "Does this make you happy?"

"Very." Ethan laughed at the look on Nicki's face. He cracked his knuckles before rounding on Annabeth, who was lying very still in Nicki's bed. "Miss Chase?"