Twenty-Nine: Birthday Baby

"Happy birthday, sweet girl," Harry whispers in my ear. His voice sounds sleeepy and raspy, his arm wrapping around my waist tighter so my back is snuggled into his chest. "You're ancient now... twenty-years old, two decades. I'm no longer robbing the cradle."

"Harry," I breathe out, opening my eyes to the point where I can see light through a tiny crack. "Being a few months older than me doesn't count as robbing the cradle."

I feel him laugh, his chest vibrating against my body and puffs of air tickling the back of my neck. He hugs me a little closer but then I push away so I can turn around. With my eyes still barely open I turn to face him, moving my body as close to him as I possibly can because he's warm and feels safe. Then I look up with sleepy eyes, smiling with everything I have.

"You sure?" he laughs, his hair falling in front of his face. "I'm such an old man... can barely walk these days. Pretty soon you'll have to be cleaning my dentures and yelling my name when I'm sitting right next to you."

I roll my eyes dramatically, trying to figure out how Harry can be so playful after being awake for only a few minutes. He laughs at my reaction, moving a hand that was on my waist to my cheek to brush a piece of hair back from my face.

"I don't know how we'll do it," I smile at him. "It's going to be a challenge for you to keep up with me and my young ways."

"We'll just have to figure it out, hmm?" he whispers as he blinks slowly.

He stares at me for a moment longer then I feel a rush of air as he pulls the blanket over our heads, enclosing us in a warm cocoon of sheets and laughter. He tangles his legs even more with mine, smiling as he rolls on top of me. The sheets are still above our heads, blocking us out from the world outside the bed, and the only thing my eyes can focus on is Harry above me. He's still smiling with sleepy eyes, his hair falling down in front of his face while his hands are on either side of mine, holding himself up.

"Happy birthday," he whispers again, leaning down to kiss my forehead. "Hope it's the best one yet."

"Thank you," I say quietly, wrapping my arms around him to hold him down on me.

It's sweet that he remembered. He mentioned something earlier in the week, asking what I normally do for my birthday. I told him not much and it usually isn't this big celebration but that was the majority of the conversation. I know he told me he has a good memory but I wasn't expecting much with how easily our days mesh together while traveling.

"Is there anything in particular that you want?" he asks slowly, kissing my lips once he's finished with the words.

More of his weight pushes into me as he relaxes, moving his fingers through my hair. His kiss is soft and delicate, like he's trying to move in slow motion. My eyes are closed again, trying to pull him even closer to me, wanting him to kiss harder.

He pulls away with a smirk when he feels my arms tighten around his body. Then I'm staring up at him, already out of breath.

"More of that, maybe?"

"Yeah?" he laughs quietly, raising his eyebrows.

I nod my head quickly, moving my hands up his shirtless back as I do. I can feel the muscles under his smooth skin and his warmth as he nearly smothers me with his body and the blankets over us. He kisses me again only this time it's not nearly as timid, pushing me into the bed and moving his tongue with mine.

I think back to every other birthday I've woken up to. I've always been fairly content with it all and I never needed this big party or loads of presents or anything magnificent to happen. But I can already tell it's going to be a good one, judging by my morning greeting and the fact that I woke up in bed with Harry.