Thirty-Four: Juggling Moods

Tiny colored pieces fly through the air, Harry's eyes look up as he maintains his focus, and I lean away from him as his arms progressively invade my bubble of personal space. Juggling is a talent he claims to have hidden away but so far it's only resulted in a pile of candy to form on the sticky ground near our feet.

The juggling isn't the problem because he's actually pretty good at it, enough that I'd consider it a talent. It's the fact that he's trying to juggle and end with a finale where all of the candy flies into his mouth, that's the problem. The best he's gotten is one out of three successfully falling into his mouth, another landing on his eye and the third piece hitting me in the face.

His tongue sticks out from between his lips, biting on it as though it's the key to his control. I try as hard as I can to maintain a straight face, pretend that my heart isn't melting at his overwhelming cuteness, but it doesn't come with much success.

Another toss of candy in the air and his mouth opens wide. I think one of the issues with his attempts is that he closes his eyes and blindly hopes the candy will fall into his mouth. But he's become a little more reserved, less confident, since one of them hit him in the eye and there was a brief moment where we thought he'd be permanently blind.

Of course, he survived... just rubbed his eye for a few minutes like a tired baby.

He leans forward with his tongue out and I stare at him with a concerned look, cheering him on inside my head. At first I was hesitant to him showing me his "talent" since we're in a movie theater that's very much in public, and I'm not a huge fan of being the people who obnoxiously pretend they're the only ones in a room. The thing is, we are the only ones in the room. So it felt easier to encourage, especially since it's the happiest I've seen him in days.

One lands in his mouth.

And then another.

The last one is still in the air and it feels like everything is in slow motion, almost as though we are watching an instant replay of what is about to happen. I feel myself gripping the arm rest tightly as I watch the piece of candy make its way down, getting closer and closer to Harry's open mouth. It's silly, but my heart feels like it's in my stomach, giving me nerves that are far too over-the-top considering the circumstances.

Finally, after what feels like minutes, the last piece of juggling candy falls into his mouth.

I scream, he yells "yeah, get it" and then we're jumping out of our seats, hugging and laughing like we just won a very substantial amount of money. Celebrating Harry's candy juggling success doesn't seem too far behind at this point though.

He kisses me frantically, his hands on either side of my cheeks and his lips moving quickly. It surprises me more than it probably should but once the surprise fades away it almost feels like I'm melting into him, like I can't physically hold myself up. His lips are sticky and sweet from the candy, his hands are warm and I know he warned me of a make-out session in this movie theater... I just wasn't expecting it to start with us standing up and before the actual movie started.

A few very heated moments of heavy kissing and then he's pulling away, leaving the both of us out of breath.

"Felt like a victory kiss was needed," he shrugs, blinking slowly. His face is soft and not nearly what I would predict after that magnitude of a kiss, although I have a feeling it affected him just as much as did me.

"Entirely necessary," I smile. "Wouldn't want something that big to pass without celebration."

"Right," he smirks back at me, moving his hands down to my waist and pulling me closer to him. "I'm happy you see my point."