Eighteen: Banana Phone

"One, two, three... here comes the choo choo train."

"Harry, stop."

"C'mon, Greta," he sighs out, annoyed. "Just open your mouth. Choo choo."

"Harry," I glare at him again, shaking my head.

"Greta."

"Harry."

"Greta," he blinks quickly, batting his eyelashes. "My sweet, sweet, Greta, please do this for me. You are so pretty, you know that? So pretty. And when you smile," I try to fight it back but it obviously doesn't work and a wide smile takes over as my cheeks redden at his compliment. "See, there you go! When you smile, I swear I hear birds chirping... you know, and rainbows shining, and babies laughing, everything lovely in the world happens when you smile."

"That was corny," I snort.

I try to maintain my glare on Harry, still fighting back the smile that's ever growing on my face, but it hardly lasts... especially since he keeps batting his eyelashes while holding the spoon filled with banana split in front of my face. It's like he's silently begging me to play along in his game. And with each second that passes, each longing gaze from his direction, it gets harder and harder to resist.

"So appreciative," he shakes his head, mumbling out the words sarcastically. "I mean every word of it though, I could get lost in that smile."

"You're really trying to butter me up," I giggle, unable to resist his charming words.

"That's exactly my plan," he grins. "Has it worked yet? Will you please open your mouth? This train is starting to get very impatient. We're about t-minus five seconds away from it crashing into your face. It's on a roll, Greta, and the brakes are not strong enough to stop it at this speed."

"You're such an idiot."

"Five... four... three..." he slowly counts down, moving the spoon filled with ice cream closer and closer to my face.

"Harry," my eyes go wide. "You wouldn't."

"I would," he nods quickly, still moving the spoon closer. "Two..."

Sensing the seriousness with the ice cream quickly approaching my mostly closed mouth, I give in. My decision is made quickly, which I'm thankful for because Harry wasn't hesitating in the slightest and I know that if I had kept it closed the ice cream would be all over my face instead of on my tongue like it is now. It's sweet and the chocolate is strong, the whip cream that was on top quickly melting.

Harry stares at me, holding the spoon in my mouth and nods his head with his eyebrows raised high, happy that I finally decided to play along. I feel his other hand that's wrapped around me, his fingers lightly tapping on my shoulder. He's close to me, sitting on the same side of the booth in the small restaurant we're in, which feels a little ironic considering how empty it is in here.

His legs repeatedly bump into mine as he rocks them back and forth, bouncing his foot up and down. I look at the way his hair falls to his shoulders, pushed back so it doesn't get into his eyes. His worn t-shirt is pressed into the side of my arm, the fabric feeling soft and warm. It's already extremely hot in this restaurant, the ceiling fan hardly doing anything to help, but I still want Harry closer, pressing his warm body into mine.

Besides, that's why we have ice cream in the first place.

"See," he pulls the spoon away, setting it back in the dish filled with banana split. "That wasn't that hard, was it?"

"No," I smile. "Now can we stop pretending I'm a child?"

"Request granted," he nods, moving the same spoon to his mouth, now filled with a new pile of ice cream. "You are obviously not a child... very much a woman, who doesn't put up with my shit but likes me enough that'll she give in every once in a while."