SEVENTEEN_

Bishop Maitama stopped abruptly in his tracks when his eyes fell on his son.

         "Kelechi?" He screamed. The other men who trailed behind ran forward, only to receive their own dose of the mind blowing shock.

The only one who didn't seem shocked was the old pastor. He silently monitored the energy in the room while the others caught up to the game.

         Murmurings ensued amongst them that one of Pa Deji's disciples asked a question which was on everyone's lips. "Shouldn't he be in the hospital?" Simon asked.

A sly smile ran across Kelechi's face. Slapping his hands together, he began to clap.

        "Surprise, surprise! Who ever thought this day would come?"

        "Wait, this isn't possible!" Bishop argued, raising a trembling hand. Sticking his fingers into his pockets, he fished out his phone.

The Phone rang once before First lady's voice came on. "Are you at the hospital?" Bishop asked frantically.

           "Yes. Why?"

Bishop stole a quick glance at his son who dressed in nothing but ancient native clothes. "Is he.....Erm....is he there?"

           "Who?" Kaima asked.
Bishop coughed involuntarily. "Erm....er...." He stammered.

         "Who are you talking about?" Kaima queried.

Bishops voice cleared repeatedly. " Our.... Our son.... Erm..... Kelechi?" He forced his trembling hands to stay still.

          "Yes, he is." Kaima stole a brief glance at her son laying still in the hospital bed.
He'd refused to respond to any treatment. His sister had come off the ventilator and even began to take small steps.

But Kelechi hadn't responded to treatment. Yet the doctors were confident he would make a full recovery.

         "Yes. He's still in coma. Why do you ask?"
Bishop didn't know how to relay this message to his wife. "Are you sure that is our Kelechi?"

First lady pulled herself to her feet, A perplexed feeling went through her spine. "What do you mean?" I am looking at him right here!"

Her husband let out a nervous groan. "Because I am staring at him as well."
          "Jesus!" Came the gasp from Kaima's lips.

Bishop backed away from the men and ran back into the dark streets. "What is happening? What?..... What's going on?" He moaned.

A dizzy spell fell on him and he collapsed on the streets. Men who lurked in the shadows, dragged him into his son's church/shrine.

When Bishop woke, he came into recognizing one of the men who stood above him. "Timothy!" He shouted.

But the men who were in black didn't say a word. Kelechi left the room where he'd held the rest of the team captive, and stood in front of his father.

        "Kelechi? Is it really you?" A perplexed Bishop asked, trembling.

The emboldened pseudo son, smiled wickedly.

        "Finally we meet."

        "But is it really you?" Bishop reiterated.

The supposed Kelechi answered vaguely. "Yes and no. Well, that's by the way. You cannot come and disrupt my well planned organization. You may be the president-elect but  I over see the Bishop's league."

Bishop Maitama's eyes bulged in surprise. "That can't be true!"

         "True, it is. I run the Bishop's League." The young man snarled.