TWENTY EIGHT_

Outside the church, news stations were running commentary on the happenings in the church. Church folks were unreserved in their judgement of Pa Deji and the vindication of Bishop Maitama.

          "I thank God that Bishop Maitama refused to continue with the league. Despite everything that was thrown at him, he stayed true to himself. As for Pastor Joshua Deji, I leave him to eternal torment.

When the Talk time' news anchor interview another member who was swearing loudly.

        "What's your opinion to today's revelations?" The young woman laughed. "I have learnt through a personal experience that, When the devil wants to expose you, he will never be there to comfort you."

     "Wow!" The news anchor said. " That was a good one." She went about interviewing other people.

A Sister with the church's media department couldn't bring herself to speak. "I am just short of words at the things happening among Christians. I am worried where we are headed in our true relationships with God."

Voices of people screaming outside the sanctuary was captured by the news media. The shocking news triggered an Unplanned protest within the church campus.
Multitude of People yelled profanities outside the church while some took it inside, aiming at apprehending Pa Deji.

Back inside the church, Simon grabbed Pa Deji and rushed him through the hallway within the counselling building.

         "How did they find out?" The old man asked.

        "I don't know." Simon raced towards the back of the church. Lets focus on getting you out alive."

Some members armed themselves and raced after the fleeing Pastor. Pastor Deji's other disciples fled the scene leaving him to is fate.

         Behind the huge church, Simon weaved the old man through the bushes before coming face to face with the car he'd been hiding there for emergencies.
Opening the door for Pa Deji, he ran to get in the drivers seat when men rose from their hiding places. Sticks and planks were in their hands.

           "Get him out! Now!" They yelled.

Simon raised his hands in the sky in surrender. But because he'd locked the car, no one outside could open it. The crowd began to shake the car, almost tumbling it.
Still Pa Deji refused to come out. When bricks and planks hit the car windows, that was when Simon quietly stepped out, Pa Deji as well. Lifting their hands up, they begged.
But the youths weren't listening. There was no way that old man was living with his life. When a blow hit his head, he collapsed. Simon shielded him from other blows, using his body as an absorber.

It took police sirens to force the angry mob to disperse. Pa Deji's bruised body and that of his PA were placed into their cruiser, and subsequently rushed to the hospital.

          Throughout the night, tension rose in many cities in Nigeria. Especially in places where churches operated by the implicated Bishops were located. As the night progressed, law enforcement were deployed to protect those church buildings and structures.
It was even reported that two churches were burnt down. More protests went into the night as people demanded that Bishop Maitama and his daughter be brought back to safety.

  Seeing the chaos on the streets unnerved the general overseer of Glamourous Grace Assembly. Bishop stood up from his bed where he'd been watching the demonstrations.

           "Jesus! This is getting out of hand. I don't want anyone harmed." He shot a disquieted glance at his daughter. "Call Zack."

Zack was on the phone with his boss for almost thirty minutes before he let him go.