Chapter Nine

"Hey Vada, over here!"

Vada looked over to her right and saw Julia, Michael's sister waving her down. She walked over to her and smiled softly. "Hey, Jules, what's up?"

"You want to sit with me? I can introduce you to a few friends of mine."

"Uhm..." Vada looked around the cafeteria for a moment until she saw Sayori. She looked back at Julia and smiled. "Sure, only if a friend of mine can sit with us."

"Deal."

"Cool, I'll meet you there, I gotta go get her." Vada said and walked into the direction of where she saw Sayori. Eventually, she found her and called out to her. "Hey, Yori!"

Sayori looked around until her eyes met with Vada's lively brown eyes and she smiled sweetly. "I was just looking for you." She said with a grin and Vada smiled back at her.

"Come on, let's go sit with a friend of mine."

Sayori reluctantly nodded, feeling a sort of nervous. She said, "Okay."

Vada turned her back to her and looked around for Julia and she found her. She walked over to the table and Sayori followed beside her. Julia looked over and smiled sweetly at the two before looking back at her friends who sat in front of her. "Guys, this is Vada, she just moved in across the street from me and this is her friend-"

"Sayori." Vada interrupted her.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Renee." She said, a gentle smile on her face.

She had long brown hair with two strands of blonde in the front, green eyes and bronze skin tone.

"And I'm Chloe but of course you know that." The girl beside Renee chimed in.

She had natural blonde hair, blue eyes and warm beige skin covered with barely noticeable freckles.

"Wait, you two know each other?" Julia asked, glancing at the both of them.

"Yeah, she's my cousin." Vada answered as she sat down beside Julia and looked over at Chloe and smiled. "It's nice to see you again."

Chloe smiled back at her. "You, too."

It was kinda strange to see Chloe again, the last time we saw each other was in middle school. She's a few months older than me. Her and my uncle Daxon moved to Miami with his fiancé when Chloe was in eighth grade. I was never told why.

"Oh my god, did you see that sophomore who's totally crushing on Vada?"

Vada looked over at Julia and furrowed her eyebrows lightly. "What?"

"Oh, you mean, ugh what's his name?" Chloe groaned lightly, snapping her fingers together then suddenly, her eyes widened and she laughed and yelled, "Marcus!"

Julia laughed and nodded. "Yes, him!" She yelled.

"Wait, did I miss something?" Vada asked.

Julia scoffed and looked over at her, a small grin on her face. "Uhm.. yes!" She exclaimed.

"Even I knew." Sayori added.