Chapter Twenty

Vada walked into her father's classroom, catching his attention. She stood in front of his desk and looked down at him and said, "I just came in here to say that I am really sorry about Friday. I know you're disappointed in me, but I can't handle you hating me too. I just lost my best friend and I'm in a lot of pain right now and I really need you." She said, struggling not to cry again. She always hated crying.

It was just a way of showing people how weak and sensitive you truly are and in Vada's case, too much for her liking.

Casey let out a soft breath and stood up and walked over to his daughter and pulled her into an embrace and she wrapped her arms around his torso and pressed the side of her face against his chest as he held her securely. "I could never hate you, Vada, you're my daughter and I will always love you no matter what you do." She smiled softly and pulled back from the hug and she looked up at him.
"Why don't you head home early today? I'll call your mom and let her know."

She nodded and smiled.
"Thank you." She said and he nodded and she walked over to the door and walked out into the hall. She walked over to her locker and opened it after putting in the combination and she started putting her things in her bag.

"Hey, Vada."

She looked to her right and met eyes with Grace. "Oh, hey." She looked back in her locker and Grace watched her. She stared at Vada, in battle with herself, trying to decide if she should ask what she came to ask until Vada glanced back at her in confusion and asked, "Is there something you need?"

Grace shot her head up at her from the ground and absentmindedly nodded.
"Yes." She shook her head lightly. "I mean.." She shut her eyes in frustration and Vada turned completely towards her, becoming curious. Grace sighed and inhaled deeply then looked back at her. "I just needed to know.. are you and Michael going out?" Vada furrowed her eyebrows. "I just- I heard around that you and him were seeing each other." She added, not giving Vada the chance to respond, she asked, "So, are you?"

Vada reluctantly nodded.
"Yeah, we are. I'm really sorry about how things ended between you two-"

"I wouldn't trust him." She blurted out.

Vada furrowed her eyebrows and let out a light laugh.
"What?"

"I've known Michael for years, and I know the type of person he is. All he will ever do is hurt you." Vada stared at her with a shock expression on her face but she was also confused and hurt. She didn't know what to say. Grace just gave her an apologetic look before turning and walking away.
Vada watched her for a short moment before turning back to her locker and she slowly closed it, still thinking about what she had just said.

"All he will ever do is hurt you."

It's been a few days, Vada woke up the day after she talked to Julia in the best mood and she didn't feel the need to question it. She hasn't put herself in harm and things with Michael have only gotten better. Her parents have completely forgiven her but Julia hasn't talked to her since their conversation but that was understandable and Vada knew she only needed space to think about things, so she gave her exactly that and just trusted if Julia wanted to talk to her again that she'll come to her when she's ready like Chris told her. Her and Chris have gotten real close over the past few weeks. They were more than just best friends, it was more like siblings.

Vada opened the front door and she smiled up at Sayori.

"Hi!" She said happily and she hugged her tightly.